Triceps muscles are very likely to loosen in the lack of exercise, more so in women. If your triceps muscles are loosening too, then here are some easy exercises to do to get your triceps in shape. The following exercises can be done easily at home using dumbells or any easy to grasp weight object. Take a look.
- Tricep dips are very beneficial for activation and building up of the tricep muscles in the upper arm region. This particular exercise can also improve your overall core strength as it involves levitating hips off the ground which in turn activates abdominal and side belly muscles, both belonging to the core muscle category.
- It's very easy to perform tricep dips, all you need is a bench or a chair. Now, take a seating position on the edge of the chair and place your hands right next to your hips with the fingers pointing towards the feet.
- Extend both your legs forward with heels touching the ground and toes lifted a little up off the ground.
- Tilt your head and chin upwards and slowly slide your body forward with hands still placed over the chair or bench. Start lowering your body down, the elbows should bend but you shouldn't touch your hips on the ground, then push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the same process 8-10 times per set.
- This exercise will directly target your tricep muscles getting them in perfect shape and strengthen core at the same time.
Negative Tricep Dips
- Negative tricep dips are very similar to the normal tricep dips exercise with only one slight difference.
- In order to perform a negative tricep dip, start doing a normal tricep dip but this time as you lower your body towards the ground, don't push yourself back up to the starting position but rather keep your body suspended in that position with your elbows bent and hips lowered for long intervals of time.
- By doing this, your muscles have to bear the weight for longer, thus requiring more strength and causing more impact to the targeted muscles.
- Negative tricep dips prove to be a great exercise to overload and strengthen the tricep emasculate before you start performing the full range of motion normal tricep dips.
- Negative tricep dips have the same physical effect and benefit as the normal tricep dips do, that is, strengthening core and tricep muscles.
- In order to perform a tricep kickback exercise, you'll need some external weight in form of dumbbells or a pully cable machine at your convenience.
- For this particular pointer, we'll tell you how to do it with dumbbells as they're more easily accessible to a larger audience rather than just people hitting the gym(kickstart your workout regime using these tips) on a regular basis.
- Now, to perform a tricep kickback, start withholding a minimum of 5 kilograms of dumbbells in each of the hands with palms facing in towards the body.
- Then, bend your knees a little bit and tighten your core abdominal, and back muscles as you bend forward at the waist bringing your torso or upper body almost parallel to the floor.
- Make sure that your spine remains straight throughout the process. Keep your head in line with the spine with chin tucked slightly towards the body while keeping your hands close.
- Now start pushing your arms down towards the ground at an angle of 90 degrees and pull them back up to the starting position along with the additional weight.
- Repeat this process and inhale while you pull your arms back up then exhale while you push your arms back down.
- This exercise targets your tricep muscles entirely and also has a huge impact on the core muscles including the back, abdominal, and shoulders.
- Tricep extension exercise also requires a set of dumbbells in terms of equipment needed to perform it, but you might end up using only one of the dumbbells for this particular exercise depending upon the level that varies from person to person.
- Now, keep your feet shoulder-distance apart from each other and tighten up your core muscles.
- Once you activate your core muscles, hold one dumbbell with both of your hands and lift it up behind your head with arms fully extended, palms facing the roof, and elbows pointing forward. Now, bend your elbows slowly moving the weight and squeezing your tricep muscles.
- Keep lowering the dumbbells as much as you can and aging pull it back up all happening behind your head.
- This one in the list has the most impact on your tricep muscles.
- As the name suggests, to perform a tricep pushup(Types of pushups and how to do them) get yourself in a plank position as one normally does while performing a pushup.
- The only difference is in the starting position, rather than keeping your hands wide apart, bring them closer to your body so that while you lower your body it has more impact on your tricep muscles.
- While descending, keep your elbows pinned to your body while your upper arm area faces up straight back.
- Lower yourself completely till your chest touches the ground, then, pull yourself back up.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such pieces.