Many of us suffer from PCOD today thanks to our lifestyles, wherein we overwork our bodies, eat so much fast food, never eat on time, drink less water and so many other factors which harm us. Actress Kareena Kapoor's Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar has come up with a small list which is a must do if you fall in this category. The seeds, pulses and activities mentioned are easily available or can be done without taking much strain. Let's take a look at what she has suggested:
- Every morning when you wake up. Take a teaspoon of aliv (halim seeds/ garden seeds cress) seeds every day with milk. We would like to add that meal timings are equally important. There has to be a hormonal system that you follow wherein there is a rhythm in your lifestyle. If you do, your ovaries will do the same and your period cycle will be on track once again. Take your daily meals on fixed regular timings first of all.
- Do not skip your breakfast. Dinner should be early. Morning and evening snacks must be healthy and preferably fruits. Do not forget your pulse during meal time. Diverse pulses through the week like Kalath, navrang dal, rajma, lobia, chana, etc and vegetables like suran, arbi, sweet potato, etc, are important. These are easy to cook and are tasty too.
- Do strength training at least 1-2 times a week. Daily physical exercising is important for PCOD patients. It helps in taking care of your metabolism to an optimum level. It also helps in getting rid of unwanted fat. The amount of exercise needed for you totally depends on your weight and work pattern. Go for zumba classes, join a gym, go for daily walks, whatever you can manage that is.
- Early and consistent bedtime routine. Go to bed at 10 pm and do not stay awake late nights. Ditch your phone for starters. The light from your phone is harmful not just for your eyes but your sleep too! It keeps you awake for longer. Get up early in the morning after 7-8 hours of sleep and go for exercise. Do not oversleep and do not sleep in the day time.
- One more proven fact is that stress alone can cause PCOD. Stress has very bad effects on metabolism. Due to stress, your metabolism is ruined and it enhances your PCOD. Few options to help you out here include time planning, noting down important works in a daily diary, planning work etc. Yoga, maintaining hobbies like singing, dancing, painting may also do. Taking a break in daily work and rest is also important.