We all know that eating vegetables daily provides the body with the right nutrients that we require and hence makes us healthy. And given this, we think that perhaps eating vegetables is the only way to score great health, but that's not it. Eating vegetables is something that you should do to stay healthy but drinking vegetable juices is a far more effective way to do so. Vegetable juices are generally prepared with a mix of different vegetables and thus contain more vitamins and minerals.
Apart from that, it is believed that they are absorbed in the blood easily as compared to simply eating vegetables. Moreover, vegetable juices are also great for the summer season as they keep the body hydrated. Expert nutritionist Pooja Makhija shared some of the best vegetable juice recipes on her social media and here we are telling you all about them.
Ensuring natural beauty and botox, these juices are a must try. Take a look at the recipe.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and celery to the blender and make juice out of it. Pour and serve!
- Bottle Gourd/Bitter Gourd
- Take chopped carrots, spinach, and bottle gourd in a blender and make a juice out of it.
- Carrot(carrot recipes to try)
- Bell Peppers
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces and add to the blender. Once the juice is ready, transfer the concoction to a glass and gulp it down for amazing health benefits.
Some Taste Enhancers To Add To The Juices
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh turmeric
- Green chili
- Lemon juice
Do’s And Don’t To Follow
- Add more colour (vegetables) as that will give your drink a boost of antioxidants.
- Do not add any fruits to the drink because a fruit must always be eaten.
- Drink the magic potion you prepared, as soon as possible otherwise the nutrients of the juice could get lost due to oxidation.
- In monsoons, the expert suggests using the vegetables for juices after peeling them.
- Not only that, but people with a sensitive gut must also remove the vegetable peels before gulping the juice, for higher safety.
- Enjoy your favourite vegetable drink like a slush by adding lots of ice to the blender itself and blend well.
- You can drink this vegetable juice any time of the day but it is better to have it empty stomach for better digestion(signs of bad gut health).
Why drink These Juices
- Giving you a boost of antioxidants, vegetable juices can be taken during summer, monsoons, and winters. The juices are filled with a lot of nutrients and micronutrients and get absorbed in the body very easily. So, anyone who does not love veggies must drink vegetable juices on a regular basis for maintaining sound health.
- In addition to that, these vegetable concoctions are also important for healthy skin, great memory, relieving headaches, constipation, soreness, cramps, lowering cholesterol, and some major metabolic issues.
- Drinking these juices makes your body tough and strong from the inside by improving your immunity and helping your body defend against the entry of microbes that cause disease.
Have you ever tried drinking vegetable juice? Share with us your insights about the same and stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such expert-approved recipes, health tips, etc.