Dry fruits like cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, dates, raisins among others are packed with the goodness of vitamins and nutrients. They are known to fuel our body with their amazing health benefits. An easy way to add delicious and healthy dry fruits to our diet is by using them to make dry fruit parathas.
Dry fruit parathas make a great option for breakfast. They are highly nutritious and filling. If you don’t know how to make these tasty parathas then we have a quick guide for you. Right from preparing the stuffing to the correct method of cooking the parathas, everything is mentioned in this step by step guide. Read on.
Easy Tips And Tricks To Make Dry Fruit Paratha At Home
How To Knead The Perfect Dough?
- For dry fruit parathas, you need a soft dough.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour and a pinch of salt.
- Keep adding little water at a time and knead a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for a few minutes.
How To Prepare Dry Fruit Filling?
- For the dry fruit filling, take out small portions of all the dry fruits you want to use.
- In a grinder, add almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and other dry fruits of choice.
- Grind into a coarse powder.
- Take out in a bowl.
- Add jaggery, fennel seeds and cardamom in the grinder and grind till it turns into a powder.
- Next add this mix to the dry fruits and combine all the ingredients well.
Dadimaa Nuskhe To Prepare Dry Fruit Paratha
- If the dry fruit mixture isn't coarse, it will begin to come out of the paratha.
- Your atta ball shouldn't be more than the size of a lemon.
- Do not overfill the atta dough with dry fruit mixture or it will be difficult for you to roll ou tthe paratha.
- Flatten the paratha gently using the rolling pin.
- Instead of jaggery, one can also use sugar but it can make the paratha a little sticky.
Additional Ingredients To Enhance Flavour
Other than adding regular dry fruits to your paratha, you can add additional ingredients to enhance the flavour. Some good additional ingredients can be -
- Saffron or kesar
Dry Fruits Paratha Recipe
Ingredients Required -
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour Or Atta
- Water For Dough As Required
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Cashew Nuts
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- Few Pieces Jaggery Or Gur
- 2-3 Pieces Cardamom
- Oil As Required
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour and keep adding water as required to knead a soft atta dough. Cover the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- In a grinder, add all the dry fruits to make powder.
- Add in powdered jaggery, fennel seeds and cardamom.
- Take a small dough and roll thin using a rolling pin.
- Place a small amount of dry fruit mix in the center and bring the ends of the paratha together.
- Roll into dry flour and make a round paratha.
- On a hot tawa, spread some ghee and place the paratha.
- Cook the paratha on both the sides till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with some more ghee. Enjoy!
We hope this easy guide helps you prepare delicious dry fruit parathas at home. For more such food stories, stay tuned!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com