The two most wonderful things in life are definitely food and travel. The two are incomplete without each other. I mean what is a trip without lots and lots of food. Indian families especially like to carry a big basket of food whenever they are travelling.
However, your food options are limited while travelling due to obvious reasons and I’m sure you must be bored of eating poori aloo for your every trip. So, to add a bit of flavour to your trip, we are here with some easy recipes that are super delicious.
- 2 Cups Boiled Basmati Rice
- ½ Tsp Turmeric
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. raw Peanuts
- 2 Pinches Mustard Seeds
- 2 Red Chillies
- Start by heating some butter in a pan over medium flame.
- Then, sauté the mustard seeds. Add turmeric.
- Now, add peanuts, curry leaves and red chilli. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and lemon juice along with the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cook at low flame for 5 minutes.
- Your lemon rice is now ready to be served.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Cooked Toor Dal
- ½ Tsp Ginger (Grated)
- ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ Tsp Carom Seeds
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ Tsp Amchur Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Coriander (Chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/3 Cup Water
- In a large bowl, add wheat flour, cooked dal, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchur powder, oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add a little water and make a smooth dough. Smear a little oil on the dough and leave for 15 minutes.
- Now, make balls of the dough.
- Roll these balls into paratha. Then, spread a little ghee on it and fold it from the left side till the middle, then the right side.
- Spread oil and sprinkle some dry flour. Now, fold it from the top.
- This will give you a square shape. Now, roll it to make a square paratha.
- Now, heat up the tawa on medium flame and place the parantha on it.
- Cook it perfectly from both sides.
- Your dal paratha is now ready to be served.
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tomato (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 2 to 3 Tsp Coriander Leaves(Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Sooji
- 2 Tbsp Cream/Malai
- Bread Slices
Don't Miss: Vodka Recipes You Must Try For Your Next Party
- Add sooji, onion, tomato, coriander leaves, green chillies, cream/malai and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat some oil on a pan. Now, take the bread and put it on the pan.
- Now, spread the sooji mixture evenly on the top side of the bread.
- Now, flip the bread and let it cook.
- Let it cook well from both sides.
- Now, slice the toast in rectangular or triangular shapes.
- Your sooji toast is now ready to be served with your favourite dip.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org