Poornima day has a special significance in Hinduism. There are 12 Poornima days in a year and there are 13 Poornima days in some years. All the Poornima days have a special significance and specific gods are worshipped on each day.
The month of Kartik is considered to be the holiest month in the Hindu calendar and Kartik Poornima falling in this month has a special significance. It is considered to be of great importance.
The full moon is also known as Tripuri Poornima. It is believed that on this day Lord Shiva destroyed the demon Tripurasura. Since then, the full moon coming in the Shukla Paksha of Kartik month, worshiped by the name of Lord Shiva Tripurari, is called Kartik Purnima. It is also considered auspicious to donate lamps on this day.
The festival of Kartik Purnima lasts for five days. It begins on the day of Prabodhini Ekadashi or Dev Uthani Ekadashi and ends on the day of Kartik Purnima. Let us know from astrologer and Vastu expert Aarti Dahiya that when will the full moon fall in the month of Kartik be celebrated this year.
Date And Auspicious Time
The month of Kartik is considered to be the best of all months. It is believed that during this month, Lord Vishnu comes out of 4 months of yoga nidra and resides in the water on earth among his devotees.
- This year the month of Kartik started from 21st October 2021 and it will end on 19th November 2021 Kartik Purnima.
- This year i.e. in the year 2021, Kartik Purnima will fall on Friday, November 19.
- Purnima date start - November 18, Thursday 11:55 am
- Purnima date ends - November 19 at 2:25 pm
- Since the full moon in Udaya Tithi is falling on November 19, therefore Kartik Purnima will be celebrated on this day.
According to Hindu mythology, this day of Kartik Poornima is significant, both religiously and spiritually. The day of Kartik Poornima is a day to please the deities. Therefore, people take a dip in the holy river of Ganga in order to purify their body and soul.
People attain virtue by taking a dip in the Ganga and donating. It is believed that the devotees get immense good fortune by taking a bath in Kartik and worshipping Lord Vishnu on the day of Kartik Poornima. This is why one should take a bath in a holy river and do charity work on this day.
It is considered one of the most auspicious days to perform religious ceremonies. Hence, many rituals and festivals culminate on this day. This is because performing religious ceremonies on this day brings happiness.
Also, it is believed that donating cow, sheep, elephant, horse, and chariot on this day will bring you good fortune and will help you get rid of problems. Those who donate a bull on this day are given the same status as Shiva.
Don't Miss: Dark Secrets Of The Zodiac Signs
- On the day of Kartik Purnima, wake up early in the morning and take a bath in Brahma Muhurta.
- If possible, take a bath in the holy river. If you cannot take a bath in the river, then take a bath by mixing a little Ganges water with your bathing water.
- If possible, do not eat food on this day and observe a fruit fast.
- After that, worship Lakshmi Narayan by lighting a lamp of desi ghee.
- Reciting the story of Satyanarayan on this day gives God's blessings.
- Kheer must be offered to God on this day.
- In the evening, after performing the aarti of Lakshmi Narayan, light a lamp of ghee in Tulsi ji. Also, put lamps all over the house.
In this way, puja and donation done on the day of Kartik Poornima will bring you happiness and good fortune.