When we hear protein, we usually think of chicken, fish, eggs, and dairy products. However, this doesn’t mean that people following the vegan lifestyle have to be deprived of protein. There are some protein-rich ingredients available for vegans as well, such as tofu, soya, chickpeas, and more.
Here are some healthy salad recipes for vegans who are looking to add some protein to their diet.
- 1.5 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- ½ Cup Onions (Diced)
- 1 Cup Cucumber (Peeled & Diced)
- 1 Cup Tomato (deseeded and diced)
- ¼ Cup Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Half A Lime (Juiced)
- Pepper As Per Taste
- Salt As Per Taste
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, cucumber, onions, tomatoes, and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Drizzle some olive oil and add lemon juice.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve it.
- 16 Pieces Tofu
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Peeled & Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 6 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 8 Tomatoes (Sliced)
- Handful Of Lettuce
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add garlic and saute until golden brown. Turn off the heat.
- Take a large bowl and spread lettuce in the bowl.
- Add the chopped tofu and sliced tomatoes over the lettuce.
- Spread sauteed garlic on top of the bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add soya sauce, vinegar, mirin, and sesame oil for dressing. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
- 1.5 Cups Moong Dal Sprouts
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- ¼ Cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Tomato (deseeded and finely chopped)
- ¼ Cup Carrot (Shredded)
- ¼ Cup Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Cucumber (Finely Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Roasted Jeera Powder (Cumin Powder)
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lemon (Juiced)
- Take a large bowl and add sprouts. Pour hot water over the sprouts and cover the lid.
- Let it rest for five minutes and then, drain the water.
- Let the sprouts cool down completely before using them for the salad.
- Add sprouts, onion, tomato, cucumber, parsley and carrot to a bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add olive oil, cumin powder, salt, red chilli powder, and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Mix well.
- Add pomegranate, roasted peanuts and coriander leaves. Toss the salad.
- Your sprouts salad is ready to be served.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com