Potato chips, chocolates, and pakoras are all our favourite snacks, but they can be a threat to our health. But sugary, deep fried foods are not your only options. Instead of giving up on snacking altogether, you should switch to healthier options. Here are three protein-rich snack recipes that would be perfect for you.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ Cup Urad Dal
- 2 Tbsp Curd
- 1 Tsp Ginger-Green Chilli Paste
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Oil
- Add oats and urad dal in a blender. Blend them well to make a smooth powder.
- Add a cup of water, curd, ginger-green chilli paste and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and let it rest for an hour.
- Mix the batter well and add baking powder along with two tsp water. Mix gently.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil and pour the batter into them.
- Steam it in an idli steamer for 10 minutes or until the idlis are perfectly cooked.
- Once they are cooked, demould them and serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Medium Ripe Banana (Frozen)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- Pinch Of Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Ice Cubes
- Cut the frozen banana into small chunks.
- Add banana chunks, milk, peanut butter, cinnamon, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend well until you get the desired consistency.
- Your peanut butter banana smoothie is now ready to be served.
Chickpea Soya Cutlets
- ½ Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- ½ Cup Soya Granules
- 1 Tbsp Mint Leaves (Chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Inch Ginger
- ¾ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¾ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt To Taste
- 2 - 3 Tsp Oil
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water.
- Add chickpeas, soya granules, mint, ginger, and green chilli to a blender. Blend well to make a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Take small portions of the mixture to make round and flat cutlets.
- Heat some oil on a pan and cook it from both sides.
- Serve hot with the choice of your dip.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org