Your heart or pulse rate is the number of times your heart beats in a minute. Usually, an adult's heart rate is about 60 to 100 beats per minute.
However, if the heart rate goes more than 100 beats per minute, it is considered as high. If you feel a sudden spike in the heart rate then you should immediately work to lower it.
Dr. Ruchi Bhardwaj, Ayurvedic Consultant & Managing Director of ActiveAyuLife and asked her to share some easy home remedies to lower heart rate.
Common Causes Of Increasing Heart Rate
The expert shared that some common causes for a high pulse can be:
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Caffeine And Cocaine Intake
- Electrolyte Imbalance
The expert shared that some changes in the lifestyle can be helpful in keeping the heart rate in control.
She shared that one should sleep according to the biological clock. Next, she shared that one should not suppress natural urges. Taking an oil massage before taking bath and doing sole feet massage before sleep can be helpful.
Home Remedies To Treat High Heart Rate
Ayurvedic Consultant, Dr. Ruchi Bhardwaj also shared that consuming some foods can be helpful in controlling the heart rate.
1. Adding garlic to your diet can be helpful as it is a good source for the heart. There are different ways garlic can be added to your daily diet. Apart from adding it to your different food preparations, you can have garlic tea or have garlic with warm water in the morning.
2. Consuming magnesium-rich foods like spinach, nuts, and pumpkin seeds are beneficial.
3. Having potassium-rich foods like banana and raisins are also great for the heart.
4. Arjuna is a popular herb that manages heart functions. Arjuna is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants which help manage high cholesterol levels. This herb is also known to lower the level of total blood cholesterol, bad cholesterol, and triglycerides in the body which further helps in improving the level of good cholesterol in the body.
5. The kapha pacifying properties in this powder are believed to prevent the accumulation of excessive cholesterol in the body. Consuming it in the form of a powder can help. You can use arjuna powder to make tea or consume it as is in the morning and evening.
6. In a pan, add some water, cinnamon stick or dalchini, and some ginger. Bring to boil and drink it.
7. Consuming elaichi or cardamom can also help in maintaining the heart rate.
8. Ashwagandha is believed to be quite helpful in maintaining a good cholesterol level. It can be used to manage abnormal heart rate.
9. Walking regularly while listening to music can be helpful too.
We hope these expert tips help you lower your heart rate at home. However, if your pulse rate has been keeping high consistently, make sure you consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Tell us if you have any more questions about lowering your heart rate at home. Write to us on our Facebook page and we will try to get them answered for you. For more such stories, stay tuned!