We have all grown up hearing the amazing benefits of oiling our hair. Oils fuel our hair with the much-required moisture and also give them an added shine. Oiling is one of the oldest practices used to treat different hair issues like premature greying, hair fall, damaged hair, hair thinning among others. Hair oil seeps deep into your hair scalp and strengthens the hair roots, giving you stronger, shinier hair.
Benefits Of Hair Oiling
- Applying hair oil helps keep your scalp hydrated. It is a great regime for those who have dry hair or suffer from excess hair fall.
- Regularly oiling your hair helps nourish your hair with essential vitamins and nutrients. Hair oiling further prevents premature hair greying.
- Most women suffer from dandruff because of dry scalp. Using a hair oil helps keep your scalp hydrated and prevents dandruff.
- Oiling your hair helps nourish your scalp and hair and gives you long and shiny tresses.
- Dry scalp, lack of nutrients, and hydration are some common causes of hair fall. Applying hair oil is the easiest remedy to prevent hair fall.
- Applying hair oil also helps in relieving your stress. It makes you feel a lot more calm and relaxed.
Hair oiling indeed has many amazing benefits. If you have been hunting hair oils for hair growth then you have landed on the right page. Here are 5 easy hair oils which can be made at home and help in hair growth.
Coconut And Fenugreek Oil
Both coconut oil and fenugreek seeds can do wonders for your hair. While coconut oil moisturises, repairs damaged hair, fenugreek seeds prevent hair loss, fight dandruff and add shine to your tresses. Using this hair oil helps prevent common hair issues which lead to hair fall, further improving hair growth.
- 500 Ml Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fenugreek Seeds
- In a jar, add coconut oil and fenugreek seeds.
- Leave this jar out in the sunlight for 1 week.
- After a week, your hair oil is ready.
- Use this hair oil on your hair twice or thrice a week for quick hair growth.
Olive Oil And Garlic
Garlic is one of the best ingredients for hair growth. It has anti-microbial properties which help kill germs and bacteria, further giving your hair follicles a clear platform to grow. Using garlic with olive oil can be highly beneficial for your hair. The combo helps in hair growth.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- Peel garlic cloves and grind to make a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add oil and 1-2 tsp of garlic paste. Mix well.
- Apply this garlic and olive oil to your hair.
- Keep for 30-40 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Follow with a mild shampoo wash.
Amla And Sesame Oil
Amla or Indian gooseberry and sesame seeds are packed with essential vitamins and minerals which are great for your tresses. The omega-3 fatty acids present in sesame seeds help in hair growth. Amla too has antibacterial and antifungal properties which help remove dandruff among other issues.
- 3 Amla Or Indian Gooseberry
- 2 Tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil Or Any Other Oil Of Choice
- In a bowl, add oil and sesame seeds. Keep it overnight.
- Next morning, grate amla.
- In a pan, add the oil and grated amla.
- Cook the mixture for a few minutes and then sieve.
- Apply this oil to your hair at least once a week for hair growth.
Onion is another great ingredient for your hair. It is packed with nutrients that help increase growth, volume, and shine of your tresses. Also, it contains sulfur which is one of the key components of hair. It helps in nourishing your hair.
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Oil
- 2 Onions
- Chopped onions and grind to make a paste.
- In a pan, add sesame oil or any oil of your choice.
- Add onion paste to the oil and cook.
- Once the oil changes its colour, take off flame.
- Once the oil cools, strain and store in a container.
- Use this onion oil once a week.
Aloe Vera Oil
Aloe vera is loaded with multiple nutrients and properties which are beneficial for your hair. Vitamins A, C, E, and antioxidants present in aloe vera help boost hair growth.
- 1 Aloe Vera Leaf
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- Using a knife, scrape out fresh aloe vera gel from the plant.
- In a bowl, add coconut oil and fresh aloe vera gel. Mix well.
- Apply this oil to your hair and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Wash with normal water and follow with a shampoo.
Though all the ingredients used in these hair oils are completely natural and shouldn't have any side effects, you should discontinue using them if you face any hair issues. For more such stories, stay tuned!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com