It is crucial to follow a healthy hair care routine for healthy tresses. Our hair gets exposed to different environmental factors like sunlight, dust, polluted air among others. All these can lead to different hair issues like dandruff, split ends, hair fall.
To treat your hair problems, you don't need to spend bucks at the salons. Using some natural ingredients regularly can do wonders for your hair.
Today, let's talk about the goodness of onions. One of the most commonly used ingredients in our kitchens, onions can help you treat a lot of your common health problems.
There are different ways onions can be used for your hair issues. An easy way is to prepare an onion hair spray. The good thing is that easier to use and quite effective. I have tried it myself so can vouch for this one!
How To Make Onion Hair Spray?
You Will Need
- Lemon Juice
- Aloe Vera
- First, start to peel and chop onions. You can take as many as you want as per your requirement.
- Squeeze the chopped onions over a big bowl to get all the juice. You can also use a blender for this.
- Add in about 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Next, add aloe vera gel to the mix. You can scrape fresh aloe vera from the plant or use the readymade one.
- Transfer this mix to a spray bottle.
- Spritz this over your hair and scalp. Keep it for about 30 minutes and then wash.
- Follow with a mild shampoo.
- Remember that the pungent smell of onions might not go away in just one wash. Also, this onion hair spray can be used twice or thrice a week.
Benefits Of Using Onion Hair Spray
Onions are one of the best ingredients you can use for your hair.
- Onions have high sulphur content. They naturally thicken the hair and reduce breakage.
- The antibacterial and antifungal properties present in onions help prevent any scalp infections.
- Onions are loaded with the goodness of antioxidants which prevent your hair from premature greying.
- Using this hair spray regularly will help add volume to your hair.
- Onions can also treat dandruff.
If you have been suffering from hair fall then aloe vera can do wonders for your hair. It contains enzymes that can repair dead skin cells on the scalp. A healthy scalp is essential for good hair growth.
Not just hair fall, aloe vera can help you treat a lot of other hair problems.
- Aloe vera helps prevent itching on the scalp.
- It works as a great conditioner for our hair.
- The nutrients present in aloe vera rejuvenate your tresses.
- Using aloe vera can help reduce dandruff and frizz.
- The antifungal properties of lemon can help you keep your scalp healthy and infection-free.
- If you have an oily scalp, using this spray can be beneficial. The lemon juice present in the spray helps control oil secretion.
- Lemon is a great remedy for dandruff.