We all have our own ways of doing things and similarly, we all have our own ways of falling asleep. Some people use a pillow to cuddle with while some need more space. But there is one thing that almost everyone does and that is keeping one foot out of your blanket.
When we can’t fall asleep most of us try to keep one foot out of the blanket and one foot inside, this magically works wonders for our sleep. And not only do we fall asleep faster and more comfortable but also sleep without any disturbances. So, what is it that makes this positioning of our feet so perfect that we fall asleep so well? Let us read more about it and find out.
The Science Behind Sticking One Foot Out
- Well, there is a whole lot of science going behind the one-foot trick. The feet are known to lower your body temperature they have a link between the veins and arteries that expand at the time when your feet are exposed to warmth. This makes the feet cool down faster than all the other body parts.
- Moreover, the bottom of your feet does not have any hair on them and the lack of hair makes the heat evaporate faster.
- When your feet are exposed to a cool atmosphere it helps in cooling off the other body parts equally quickly as well. This makes the body temperature optimal and hence assists you in sleeping well.
- Coming on to how this trick works, so, you basically use one foot to cool your body down or help in lowering the temperature. This takes the right amount of time and slows down the cooling process so you don’t feel cold at night and are able to sleep comfortably.
How To Take Complete Advantage Of The One Foot Trick
- To gain the most advantages out of the one-foot trick you have to ensure the following things:
- Make sure the temperature is optimal around you. If you stick out your feet out of your blanket in the winter season then it might make you feel cold and you might have to get the feet back inside your blankets, this can eventually lead to disturbance in sleep.
- Use the right fabric bedsheets and blankets, flannel bedsheets in summers may not be appropriate. Similarly sheer blankets aren’t ideal for the cold seasons.
- Try maintaining your body temperature. When the night falls your body temperature starts to fall too, so, put your robes, your slippers, and blankets on.
- Reduce the use of electronic gadgets as the light emitted from them can spoil your sleep routines.
- This helps in making the body’s transit to the state of relaxation and hence make your one foot trick work.
- Do not tuck in your sheets at night so that whenever you feel like it's getting too warm, you can coolly stick out your foot and sleep comfortably.
- Therefore, one-foot trick works real wonders for us all.
Don't miss: 6 Reasons Why Your Beauty Sleep Is Disturbed
Stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.