Since the COVID situation is in control to some extent, things are starting to reopen in order for us to get back into our normal lives. Among other things, schools, colleges and educational institutes are also beginning to reopen after being shut for more than a year in several regions all across the country.
This is definitely a big step and an important one as it can affect the future of young kids. However, health is definitely a big concern, therefore all the COVID protocols need to be strictly followed. Read on to know more.
Guidelines For The New Normal
- Schools are allowed to function six days a week.
- The classes and sections have to be split into batches of 20 students.
- More students can be accommodated while following the strict physical distancing norms only if larger classrooms are available.
- If limited space is available, then students shall be asked to come on a rotation basis on alternate days.
- Online learning will continue to be an option for those who are not ready to attend school in physical mode due to health concerns.
- Students wanting to study from home should have the consent of the parents.
- Follow-up on the progress of the students studying in online mode shall be planned.
- All students and teachers along with other staff shall wear masks at all times, inside as well as outside the school premises.
- All teaching and non-teaching staff should be vaccinated.
- When schools reopen, they have to follow the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which is issued by the Government.
- As a precautionary measure and for sanitization, prior to re-opening of schools, the school premises along with furniture, handrails, doors, windows etc. shall be cleaned and disinfected properly and following the government guidelines already issued for the same.
Struggles Of Reopening
Reopening of schools, colleges and other educational institutes is definitely a big step as it concerns the future of the kids. However, this step comes with another big concern which is health.
Even though it is mandatory for teachers and other staff to get themselves vaccinated, health is a topic of worry. On the other hand, kids below 18 can’t get vaccinated, therefore, the majority of parents are hesitant while sending their kids to school because the first priority is definitely the well-being of the kids.
Apart from this, we can’t fully trust the kids to follow the COVID protocols which are really important to keep them safe (common COVID symptoms in kids). Also, switching from online to offline after a long gap can be a bit difficult and kids can take some time to adapt to the new normal.
All things aside, it is necessary for schools to reopen as the online teaching mode is hampering the future of the kids and their overall development. Apart from this, a lot of people were unemployed as the schools were closed. Therefore, it is an important decision to reopen the schools, however, all the protocols and guidelines should be followed in order to stay safe.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org