Delicious and juicy watermelons are packed with the goodness of vitamin A and C which is great for our overall health. Also, watermelons have high water content, about 92% of the fruit is water which again makes it super hydrating and healthy.
To enjoy the amazing health benefits of watermelon, you must add this fruit to your daily diet. If you don't enjoy having the fruit as is, there are many other ways you can have it in your diet routine. Read on.
Watermelon And Kiwi Popsicle
Craving for an ice cream but don't want to ruin your diet? Try making this watermelon and kiwi popsicle at home. This one is healthy and the perfect watermelon sweet snack.
- 3-4 Kiwis
- 2 Cup Seedless Watermelon
- Honey As Per Taste
- Popsicle Sticks
- Remove watermelon flesh and cut it into small pieces. Remove all the seeds.
- Transfer to a blender and pulse till smooth.
- In a popsicle mould, fill in 3/4th with watermelon puree. Place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Peel kiwi and cut into chunks. Puree same as the watermelon.
- Fill in the rest of the mould.
- Place in the popsicle sticks and place in the freezer again.
- Once frozen, take out and enjoy!
This is one of the simplest smoothie recipes and we bet everyone will enjoy it, especially kids.
- 1-2 Cup Diced Watermelon
- 2 Cups Milk
- Sugar As Per Taste
- In a blender, add watermelon cubes and milk. Blend together till you get a smooth mix.
- Next, add sugar to the mix as per taste and blend again.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and top with watermelon cubes. Enjoy!
Ever thought of turning the refreshing fruit into the form of a chutney?
- 2-3 Cups Watermelon
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tsp Spice Mix/Red Chill Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Pinch Of White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Chopped onions, red bell pepper, garlic, and ginger.
- In a kadhai, add some oil and all these ingredients. Saute till they get soft.
- Add in tomatoes, watermelon, curry powder or red chilli powder, salt, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some sugar and mix again.
- Take off the flame and let the chutney cool down completely.
- Fill the chutney in glass jars. Refrigerate. Enjoy with your meals. (watermelon murabba recipe)
Watermelon Summer Salad
What do you really crave after a long summer day? A fresh, filling, and light salad. Right?
- 3 Cups Watermelon Cubes
- 1 1/2 Cup Cucumber Slices
- 1-2 Tbsp Chopped Mint Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt Or Pepper To Taste
- In a big bowl, add in watermelon cubes, cucumber cubes, and chopped mint leaves.
- In another bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper as per taste.
- Drizzle your salad with this topping and enjoy!
Watermelon Mint Mojito
These hot, scorching summers call for a refreshing, chilled drink and there is nothing like sipping on a glass of watermelon mint mojito.
- 1 Cup Watermelon Cubes
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Handful Of Mint Leaves
- 3/4 Cup Chilled Water/Soda
- In a small bowl, add watermelon cubes and using a fork, start to mash the pieces and get the juice.
- Crush fresh mint leaves and add to the mix. Combine well.
- Transfer this mix to a long glass.
- Top with ice cubes and lemon juice.
- Pour in chilled water or soda and stir.
- Garnish with a mint leave and lemon wedge. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these watermelon recipes! For more such stories, stay tuned!