Use dark chocolate and settle those sweet cravings with fewer calories, using these seriously easy and scrumptious recipes which can be prepared by anyone!
Dark Chocolate Dates
- 1 Kg Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Kg High Quality Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Stirred Nut Butter
- Sea Salt
- Line your baking sheets with wax paper.
- Slice the dates lengthwise but only half the way so that it can hold the butter and remove the pit.
- With a teaspoon, fil the dates with nut butter but make sure not to overfill. Then close the dates and place on the sheets.
- In a microwave-friendly bowl, heat the dark chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds, 3 times, stirring them with every stop.
- Once the chocolate melts, drop the stuffed dates in it and the with a folk, gently lift the and place on the baking sheets.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and place them in the refrigerator and chill for an hour or overnight.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
- A 500 Gms Bar Of Dark Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
- 100 gms Cold Heavy Cream
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 100 Gms Sugar
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler and let stand.
- Whip the cream until it peaks and in a separate bowl, whip the egg to a foamy consistency.
- Fold in the sugar and keep whipping until firm.
- In a bowl, add the chocolate, the egg whites, cream and whisk well.
- Cover the mousse and refrigerate until set.
- Serve in wine glasses or goblets.
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 500 Gms Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter
- Line the mini cupcake molds on the baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and add in the oil and syrup.
- Once it has become a liquid, sprinkle some sweetener as per taste.
- Fold in some of the chocolate with a spoon in each mold and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once they are set, smear ½ a pt of almond butter on each chocolate cup.
- Place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove and keep outside for 5 minutes before serving.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such recipes.