Fenugreek leaves or methi leaves are available in abundance during the winter season. If you love this seasonal vegetable, we are sure you want to make the most of it in the chilly winters.
There are different ways you can add methi or fenugreek to your daily diet. An easy way is preparing homemade raita using healthy and tasty methi leaves.
This raita won't be your regular one as it will be prepared with a special tadka.
How To Make Methi Raita?
- Begin with heating some oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and fry till they turn aromatic.
- Next add chopped garlic and fry.
- Add chopped green chilli and methi leaves. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add some sugar and salt as per taste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Take methi mixture off flame.
- In a bowl, add dahi, cooked methi mixture, salt to taste and lemon juice.
- Pour in water if required.
- In the same pan, add some oil, add chopped garlic, pinch of red chilli powder. Saute.
- Raita tempering is ready.
- Pour the tadka over raita and serve.
Methi Raita Recipe Card
Just a few ingredients required and this delicious raita is ready at home within minutes.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Cup Methi Leaves Or Fenugreek Leaves
- 3/4 Cup Curd Or Dahi
- 2-3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- Pinch Of Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- Black Salt To Taste
- Oil As Required
- Garic Cloves For Tadka
- Pinch Of Red Chilli Powder
- Step 1
- In a pan, add some oil.
- Step 2
- Add cumin seeds, garlic, green chilli and chopped methi leaves. Saute on high heat.
- Step 3
- Next add sugar, salt to taste. Cook and take off flame.
- Step 4
- In a bowl, add whisked curd, cooked methi mixture and black salt as per taste.
- Step 5
- Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Step 6
- Add water as required to adjust the consistency of the raita.
- Step 7
- In the same pan, add some oil, garlic and red chilli powder. Stir.
- Step 8
- Pour the tempering over the raita bowl. Serve.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org