Wrist pain is a very common condition is not only in older people but also in the younger generation. Anyone and everyone can suffer from wrist pain due to various reasons, which could be lack of nutrition, cramps, twisting of the wrist, prolonged folding of hands, or medical conditions.
If you are someone who is suffering from chronic wrist pain then we will tell you all about it. The wrist is not a single joint but is composed by joining several bones. That is why wrist pain might take a little longer to go away. Therefore understanding the exact cause and the process of treatment is very crucial and therefore, here we are to tell you the causes of wrist pain and how you can treat it well.
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
Carpel tunnel syndrome is a condition when the ligaments of the bone thicken and exert pressure on the nerves. This causes the nerves to squeeze, which in turn makes your wrist pain, it also makes your wrist weaker, immobile, and numb.
Conditions including diabetes, arthritis(expert approved foods to fight arthritis), and others might lead to this syndrome or this condition may develop due to writing, typing, lifting, and unnecessary weight and strain on the wrist area.
The cartilage that covers the bones wears off and this causes wear and tear amongst the bones which ultimately results in inflammation in the muscles and bones. This is very common around the joint areas. This can be caused due to the long history of this condition in the family and is common in people of middle to old ages.
This is an autoimmune disease where the body tissues start attacking themselves. In this condition, the tissues get broken down by the immune system. Although this disease is more common in women it may also be seen affecting a lot of men. The condition causes joint pain, weakness, and inflammation and that may also cause severe and prolonged wrist pain.
Some Other Reasons That Cause Wrist Pain
- De Quervain’s Disease
- Repetitive Motion Syndrome
- Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex Injury
- Wrist Tendonitis
- Wrist Bursitis
- Ganglion Cyst
- Wrist Sprain
- Prolonged Use Of Keyboards
- Heavy Lifting
How To Treat Wrist Pain
- If you have stiffness in your wrist, trouble in holding things, trouble in folding or bending your hands/wrists, trouble in straightening your hands then you must get diagnosed for the about mentioned condition because that is how the chronic wrist pain begins.
- For treatment of wrist pain you can try the following things:
- Home Remedies: Cold therapy or heat therapy can help you very well with this pain and you might also overcome the wrist pain easily right at home.
- Wearing splints can support the wrist and thus help in easing your pain.
- Exercises may also help you in getting rid of the pain in your wrist but sometimes it may also not work for you.
- If this doesn’t work well you will have to get surgery and follow a continued medication to cure the pain in your wrists.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.