Who doesn't love chai? We all do! A cup of tea is like a warm hug and many of us just can't begin our day without sipping on our favourite beverage. However, a lot of us ignore the high amount of caffeine present in our regular tea. It is high time that you understand the health risks of consuming caffeinated drinks like tea. This delicious drink brings along a lot of side effects which puts our health at stake.
Why Is Your Regular Tea Harmful?
Tea is one of the most loved drinks all over the world. Chai addicts usually sip on a lot of cups throughout the day and this can be harmful. If consumed in moderation, it may not harm you but if are having it in excess then here are some negative side effects of tea.
- Consumption of tea can reduce the iron absorption in your body. Tea has tannins that don't let your digestive tract absorb iron, which is essential for the proper functioning of our body.
- Overconsumption of this beverage can lead to anxiety. If you already have any such symptoms then you should immediately stop its intake.
- Having caffeine in excess can lead to the production of melatonin and disrupt your sleep pattern.
With time, we have all started to make healthier choices and if you have been looking for some caffeine-free drink options then blue tea can be a good pick.
Herbal Alternative To Your Regular Cup Of Tea
Blue tea has taken over the health market recently. The herbal tea has some amazing benefits, some of them including its antioxidant properties and anti-ageing benefits.
Blue Moon Tea
This one is easy to make tea with natural ingredients that are great for your overall well being.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Butterly Pea Flower Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch Of Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Ashwagandha Powder
- Take a saucepan, add milk to it, and set on medium-low heat.
- Next, add all the other ingredients to it and start to whisk.
- You will soon see a nice froth forming.
- Pour into a mug. Top with some butterfly pea flower powder and blueberries. Your tea is ready. Enjoy!
Don't Miss: Alarming Side Effects Of Drinking Tea
Benefits Of Drinking Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
- This tea has antioxidants which are great for your eyes. It improves eyesight and prevents any damage to your eyes.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of blue butterfly pea flowers are great for your overall well being.
- These days when everyone is looking for drinks that boost immunity, this tea is a great pick. It is known to benefit the immune system.
- These flowers have bioflavonoids that increase hair growth and prevent your hair from greying.
- The antioxidants present in these flowers also stimulate collagen which improves your skin health. Also, they help in reducing signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Drinking this tea helps in activating antioxidant activity in your body which decreases the oxidative stress caused by disease-causing free radicals.