The staple food in every Indian household is definitely chapati or roti. Chapati is made every day in most Indian households, so, there is a chance that there can be extra several times. However, don’t throw away your leftover chapatis, instead repurpose those and make some new and unique dishes.
If you are not sure about what to make with your leftover chapati, then here are some easy and delicious recipes that you can try and everyone will just love it.
Chip And Dip
- To convert your chapati into chips, firstly, cut them into triangles.
- Lay those triangle shaped chapatis on a lightly greased baking sheet/tray.
- Now, preheat your oven for 10 minutes up to 375 F.
- Place the baking sheet or tray in the oven and bake your chapati.
- Let it bake till it is golden brown.
- Now, your chapati chips are ready to be served. Serve them with a dip of your choice and these will be the perfect evening snacks for your kids.
- To make Indian style chapati quesadillas, firstly, lay the chapatti on a clean and flat surface.
- Place any leftover vegetable or meat on the chapatti. This way you can use the leftover vegetable along with the leftover chapatis avoiding any wastage.
- To enhance the taste, add cheese and your favourite chutney.
- Fold it in half and place it in the microwave.
- Let it cook until the cheese melts.
- Now cut it in half and serve with the choice of dip.
- To convert leftover chapati into bhakri, heat a pan and toast the chapatti on it.
- When it is almost done, brush it with butter or ghee.
- Then, sprinkle it with some spices including red chilli, turmeric, coriander and cumin powder along with salt to taste.
- Let it toast till it is crisp. Once it is done, serve it with the choice of your dip.
- To make chapati noodles, first heat some oil in a pan.
- Add 1 onion (chopped) and 2 green chillis. Let it fry for about 3 minutes.
- Now, add 1 carrot (cut lengthwise) and cook for 5 minutes or until they are half cooked.
- Now, add 3 tomatoes (finely chopped) and cook it until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now, add some spices including coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala along with salt to taste. Mix well.
- Now, add some soy sauce and mix well.
- Now it is time to add 6 chapatis but before adding cut these chapatis into thin strips. Mix well.
- Chapati noodles are now ready to be served. Garnish it with coriander leaves (benefits of coriander leaves tea) and serve hot.
- To make chapati pizza, firstly, finely chop all the vegetables of your choice.
- Put them in a bowl and add all the spices. Mix well.
- Don't Miss: Expert Shares Top Food Trends Of 2021 That Are Ruling
- Now, take a chapati and spread pizza pasta sauce all over it.
- Now add some grated cheese on it. Now, put the veggies on it and add some more cheese.
- Now, grease the baking tray with some olive oil and put the pizza on it.
- Now, bake the pizza in a preheated oven on 180 degrees Celsius till the cheese melts.
- Chapati pizza (pizza paratha recipe) is now ready to be served.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!