During the winter season, the feet can get extremely dry, necessitating extra attention. To deal with this, you can give yourself a foot spa treatment at home every week to revitalize the skin.
How To Get Foot Spa Treatment At Home?
- Soak your feet in hot water and add some coarse salt to it.
- Next, add a few drops of Lavender and Geranium essential oils. They will not only help the skin, but the aromas of these oils will also induce relaxation and bring about calm and tranquility. You can add rose petals to enhance the experience.
- After 20 minutes, apply some honey and massage your feet with it.
- Then, after some time use a scrub.
- Mix ground almonds, ripe papaya pulp and yogurt together to make a paste.
- Now, Apply it on your feet and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Now, rub it gently on the feet. After that, wash it off with plain water.
This will make the skin softer, smoother and will provide nourishment to the skin. It also removes dead skin cells and has a cleansing effect. Ripe papaya contains enzymes and helps in removing dead cells. It also brightens the skin. Papaya is a natural antioxidant which helps in regeneration of new and healthy skin cells.
Give Yourself Foot Wrap
Foot-wrap is another popular and soothing spa treatment for your feet which has a simple method.
- Mix together oats, milk, aloe vera gel and pure almond oil in a bowl.
- Now, apply it on your feet and tie a gauze bandage or a clean cloth around the feet.
- Now, just lie down and relax for the next 20 minutes.
- Aloe Vera is a natural moisturiser with healing properties and is very beneficial for the skin on the heels. It softens and smoothes the skin and heals the cracks on the heels. Milk, oil, and oats are all good for cleansing and nourishment of the skin.
- After you wash the feet, take 2 tbsp sunflower oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp coarse sugar. Mix them together to make a paste.
- Now, apply it on the foot skin and rub it.
- Rinse it off after 15 minutes.This will help nourish the skin and will also lighten the skin colour.
- Now, apply a fruit mask which can be prepared by mixing together pulp of ripe papaya and pineapple with yogurt. Apply it on the feet and leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
Papaya and pineapple contain enzymes that help in removing the dead skin cells and also soften the skin. These fruits are rich in vitamins and are highly helpful for the nourishment of the skin. This mixture is also known to lighten the skin colour.
- At the end of treatment, add 1 tsp pure glycerin to 50 ml of rose water. Apply and leave it on. If you have aloe vera gel, you can apply it on your feet for at least 20 minutes and then wash it with plain water.
During the winter, cracked heels are a regular occurrence. Winter's cold, dry weather not only depletes moisture, but it also obstructs proper blood circulation to the extremities. As a result, the skin on the foot suffers. The skin on your heels is thicker and harder than the skin on the rest of your body. When living cells lose moisture, they turn into dead horny cells. As a result, there is build up of dead cells. If the lack of moisture is not addressed, cracks on the heels develop, which may extend beyond the dead cells and cause pain.
Cracked Heels Treatment
Follow this one-week daily treatment for cracked heels and see mesmerizing results.
- At night, before bedtime, soak your feet in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Before soaking the feet, add in some coarse salt and shampoo to that hot water. Hot water helps in softening the dead skin of the heels.
- To remove the dead skin, you can rub the heels gently using pumice stone or a heel scrubber, rub the heels gently, in order to remove the dead cells. But avoid metal scrubbers. After you wash your feet, massage them with some cream and rub it into the skin. After this, apply a generous amount of cream on the heels.
- Bandage the heels using a clean cloth. With that, wear cotton socks and go to sleep.
- Smear cream on the heels and keep it all night. It will soften the skin and restore moisture loss. For a week, do this every night.
Consult your doctor if you experience pain or bleeding.
Shahnaz Husain is a well-known expert in the fields of beauty and wellness. She is the Shahnaz Husain Group's Chairperson.
Keep an eye out on HerZindagi for more expert advice in the future!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org