Flax seed or linseed or common flax, is a fiber crop cultivated in the cooler regions of the world. And for a long time flax seeds have been well preserved and used as health-protective seeds. These seeds are very healthy and beneficial for health.
But are equally great for your skin and hair. Many scientific researchers say a lot of good things about these superfoods. So, let's take a look at some benefits of flax seeds for the hair.
Nutritional Profile Of Flax Seeds
Before anything else let's take a look at the nutritional profile of these seeds. 1 tablespoon of flax seeds contains
- Calories: 37,
- Protein: 1.3 grams,
- Carbs: 2 grams,
- Fiber: 1.9 grams,
- Total fat: 3 grams,
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 1,597 mg,
- Vitamin B1: 8% of the RDI,
- Vitamin B6: 2% of the RDI,
- Folate: 2% of the RDI,
- Calcium: 2% of the RDI,
- Iron: 2% of the RDI,
- Magnesium: 7% of the RDI,
- Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI,
- Potassium: 2% of the RDI.
Therefore, using these seeds is one of the best things to do to improve our unhealthy lifestyles and prevent its repercussions from troubling us.
Some Common Benefits of Flax seeds For Hair
- Promotes Scalp Health: Flax seeds are powerhouses of nutrients and especially Vitamin E. Vitamin E promotes scalp health by reducing the presence of free radicals. The vitamin helps improve the blood flow and hence makes the hair stronger and slows down hair fall due to aging. Flax seeds are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids that make them great for skin And hair nourishment.
- Moisturises the Scalp: Omega 3 fatty acids help lock in the moisture in the hair and scalp. Further, it may also produce great results to reverse dry hair and prevent hair loss and thinning along with dandruff
- Helps Get Rid Of Brittle Hair: It may help you get rid of brittle hair (Benefits of mosambi juice for hair)as these seeds prevent hair breakage by improving the elasticity of your hair and thus it may also help you get rid of frizzy or unmanageable hair.
- They Nourish The Scalp: Flax seeds are enriched with various nutrients such as Vitamin B, magnesium, selenium, and copper, and these nutrients not only have health benefits but also nourish your scalp and hair. Damaged and dull hair can be revived by using flax seed hair mask.
Here's How To Make A Flax Seeds Hair Mask
Flax seeds are very beneficial for the hair, not only do they cure all the hair problems, but it provides a one-stop solution to them. So, start using flax seed hair mask to make your hair healthier, shiner, and better. You can either apply flax seed gel, flax seed oil regularly to your hair, to make them perfect.
And apart from that, you can make your own hair mask(try almond milk hair mask) that you can apply twice a week for great results.
How to make the hair mask:
- With 1/4 cup of flax seeds mix 2 cups of water or increase the quantity as per the length of your hair.
- Boil this mixture on the stove until a white froth starts appearing and the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour this mixture into a strainer and a bowl. Let the mixture cool down. Once it does, keeping 1/4 part out, refrigerate the rest of the gel.
- Now mix heated coconut oil and lavender oil to the mixture and apply on each strand of your hair. Keep this for 2-3 hours and let it get absorbed in the hair. Then wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner and there you go!
- Your super beautiful hair is all set to impress.
Don't miss: Why Should You Chose Fenugreek Over Other Seeds
Stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more articles.