Kedarnath has become one of the most talked about topics in the country lately. A town in the state of Uttarakhand is home to one of Lord Shiva's most revered temples. The temple is one of the Char Dhams in India.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Kedarnath temple today to unveil the statue of of Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya at his rebuilt samadhi and then offer his prayers at the temple.
During his speech at Kedarnath, PM Modi shared that many felt that Kedarnath won't get developed again after the 2013 floods but a voice within him always told him that Kedarnath will be redeveloped again.
Some time back, Sara Ali Khan and Janhvi Kapoor too were in Kedarnath. The two shared some beautiful pictures from their visit to the temple. However, Sara Ali Khan got brutally trolled after her Kedarnath visit because she is a Muslim.
Visit to Kedarnath is currently open and closes after November due to heavy snowfall. The winters are quite chilly here and the temple is closed for Darshan. Kedarnath temple then opens again in the beginning of summer season in April.
If you are planning to visit Kedarnath anytime soon then we have a quick guide for you which will help you have a comfortable trip to the pilgrimage site.
Don't Carry A Lot Of Luggage
If you are travelling to Kedarnath only for darshan and then will head back home, make sure you carry very light luggage. Kedarnath yatra includes a lot of trekking and you won't be able to have a comfortable trip is you load up a lot of extra stuff.
Pack Warm Clothes
Be it summers or winters, Kedarnath has cold weather all year round. Warm clothes are a must to protect yourself from the chilly air. Carry a warm jacket, scarfs, socks, caps to keep yourself fully covered.
Get The Right Shoes
Your shoes play a very important role when you are travelling to Kedarnath because you will have to walk a lot. Pick a pair of shoes which is non-slippery, lightweight and can also help you walk in the snow.
Don't Forget Your Medicines
Kedarnath temple is located at an altitude of 3587 meter above sea level and most people catch cold and cough during their yatra. It is best you pack some medicines with you to keep these health issues in check. Carry some regular painkillers, antiseptic creams, cough syrups.
Pack Water And Food
Though you will find water and food points through your trek, it is best to have some packed with you in the bag for easy access all the time.
Quick Tips For First Time Travellers
- You will face a lot of network issues during your yatra to Kedarnath so make sure you check the same and get another sim card for maximum connectivity.
- If you are carrying your camera, make sure you get extra batteries and chargers along as you might not easily find them in Kedarnath.
- It is best to begin your yatra early in the morning to complete darshan during favourable weather conditions. As the evening sets in, the weather gets quite chilly.
- Keep your sunscreen, lip balms, cold creams handy as you might feel a lot of dryness or itchiness during your travel.
- Start prepping your skin ahead of the travel by indulging into activities like yoga, walking, jogging among others.
- Carry an umbrella or raincoat as it can rain anytime in Kedarnath.
- We hope this guide helps you have a comfortable yatra to Kedarnath. If you have travelled to Kedarnath before and have an experience to share then write to us. Join our new platform, HerVoice and share your story with our readers.
For more travel stories, stay tuned!