Pooja Bhatt is an actor turned filmmaker who made her debut in the film industry through the movie, Daddy in 1989. The actress received a lot of appreciation and the Filmfare Award For Lux New Face of The Year For Best Female Debut.
Not only that, but the actress also won two National Awards. She is the elder daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and the sister of Alia Bhatt and Rahul Bhatt. She was born on 24th February 1972 to Mahesh and Kiran Bhatt and belongs to both Gujarati and English descent from her father’s and mother’s side respectively. Let us take a look at some unknown facts about Pooja Bhatt.
Pooja Bhatt's Family
As we said, Pooja Bhatt was born to Mahesh and Kiran Bhatt. Kiran Bhatt was originally of English, Scottish, Burmese, and Armenian descent and her former name was Loraine Bright. Pooja also has a brother, Rahul Bhatt, and two half-sisters Shaheen and Alia Bhatt(Why Alia and Ranbeer postponed their wedding) who were born to her stepmother Soni Razdan.
In addition to that, Pooja Bhatt also has two cousins, Hitarth Bhat and Emraan Hashmi. Emraan Hashmi’s grandmother who was also an actress was the sister of Shirin Mohammad Ali, the mother of Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt and that is how Emraan happens to be Pooja’s cousin.
Pooja Bhatt’s Work Life
Pooja Bhatt was a very successful actress in her time. She made her debut through a television film by Mahesh Bhatt in 1989 and then went on making a great name for herself and the Bhatt family.
From movies like Dil Hai ki Manta Nahin to Junoon, Angarakshak, Border, and many others, Pooja Bhatt proved her mettle very evidently. She was last seen in 2020’s Sadak 2. And apart from her successful films as an actress, she has been a significant part of the films’ crew as well.
Pooja Bhatt Life Details
- Pooja Bhatt was tackled very angrily by her fans when she shot for a magazine beside her father and the two were seen kissing each other on their lips. What further fanned the controversy was Mahesh Bhatt’s statement that said, “If Pooja wasn't my daughter, I'd love to marry her."
- Pooja got married to the man of her dreams, Manish Makhija in the year 2003. He was a host with Channel V at that time. But after 11 years of marriage, the two decided to part their ways and head for a legal separation, so they divorced each other in 2014.
- Putting to rest all the rumours, Pooja Tweeted "I choose to live life on MY terms & refuse to perform to the gallery. Certificates don't make or break marriages & relationships! Life does! To all those who care & especially those that don't my husband, Munna & Me have decided to part ways after 11 glorious years of marriage. Our split as some might call it is amicable & we hold each other in the highest esteem for now and forever. The reason I explain Is that we are both parts of the public domain. Our friends, well-wishers & foes are free to now speculate. : )"
- Apart from that, Pooja told Tehelka.com that she was in a relationship with an alcoholic, Ranvir Shorey. It is rumoured that the two were close and were about to get married when their function was cancelled due to Ranvir’s aggressive behaviour.
- She is also related to actors such as Susheel Darshan, director Milan Luthria and a few others.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such pieces.
(Image Courtesy: Instagram Pooja Bhatt, Poojabhattfanclub)