Birthday girl Rani Mukerji has undeniably been one of the most talented actresses of the 2000s era. She has bagged not only some of the greatest films during the era but has also had some of the greatest awards and recognition in her name.
She made her acting debut through Ghulam in 1998 as an adult. Her breakthrough was after she was seen in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai as Tina. That was when she actually started shining. Let us take a look at some important and lesser-known facts about the beautiful actress who still rules our hearts.
Movies And Career
As we told you, after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai by Karan Johar Rani got a chance to work with Yash Raj Films in the film, Saathiya. This was another milestone of her career and thereafter, there was no looking back. She did films like Veer Zaara, Chalte Chalte, Bunty Aur Babli, Hum Tum which were all the highest-grossing films. She was last seen in Mardaani 2 in the year 2019.
Here Are Some Unknown Facts About Her
- Mukerji belongs to a family who was into her film industry and she herself did not want to be an actor. But she debuts in two films with her father at an early age before actually making her debut.
- She is also a maternal cousin of actress Kajol, and a paternal cousin of Ayan Mukerji the filmmaker.
- She completed her schooling at the Maneckji Cooper High School in Mumbai and then completed her graduation from SNDT Women's University.
- Rani is not just a great actor but is also a professionally trained Odissi dancer.
- Many say her breakthrough film was first offered to Twinkle Khanna but was later given to Rani who outperformed herself.
- Rani Mukerji is the only actress to have won both best actress and critics awards for the same film.
- That apart she is also one of the few actresses to have won the Filmfare award thrice in a row.
- As we told you, Rani was uninterested in pursuing a career in films, and in an interview when Rani was asked what she would be if not an actor, so she showed her inclinations for interior designing as a career.
- Black turns out to be one of Rani’s best works alongside Amitabh Bachchan but it was also rumoured that the actress did not want to the film initially and was planning to reject it.
- Rani also got the chance to work in the Hollywood film, The Namesake but since she was busy with the tight shoot schedules of Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna with Abhishek Bachchan(Reason behind Aishwarya and Rani's catfight), she had to eventually opt out of that movie.
- Rani Mukerji is also the only actress to have been invited to have dinner in the honour of Pakistan’s former President Parvez Musharraf.
- Rani’s two films, Paheli and Hey Ram were nominated for the Academy Awards.
- Not many people know that it was on the recommendation of Aditya Chopra that Karan Johar cast Rani in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. He was massively impressed by her work right from the beginning and after his divorce with Payal Khanna in 2009, he started dating her after which they fell in love and got married. Now they are parents to young Adira.
For more such stories and articles, stay tuned to Her Zindagi.