From being a broker to his first car, a second-hand fiat, Big B has come a long way and has seen it all. On the occasion of his 79th Birthday, we would like you to know some mind-boggling, interesting and lesser-known facts about the superstar that will certainly impress you.
The superstar has given the film industry some amazing cinema and is loved by most of us for his projects and memories with those films. From Zanjeer to Sholay to hosting Kaun Banega Crorepati, to Paa & Piku, the man has an amazing career graph. He may have seen a big dip in his life but then inspiring so many, he rose like the phoenix and has never looked back since then. Amitabh Bachchan left no stone unturned and we are in awe of his baritone and the calm demeanor that he is so well known for. To commemorate the megastar on his birthday here are some cool lesser-known facts about him that we dug up from the net and would like to share with our HerZindagi readers.
- If 'a' degree was not enough, Amitabh Bachchan has done a double Masters Degree in Arts.
- Did you know that 'Don' was interested in becoming an engineer and wanted to join the Air Force before he got into acting?
- When he completed his studies in Delhi, Big B's first job was as that of an executive of a shipping firm in Kolkata and then he went on to become a broker in Kolkata.
- While he was working in the City of Joy, our 'Shahenshah' had bought his first car which was a second-hand Fiat.
- He loves the name Vijay so much that he had it in more than 20 films. His second famous name was Amit.
- Jaya Bhaduri and Big B met in Pune’s Film and Television Institute for the first time and not during the shooting of 'Saat Hindustani'.
- The star can write with both his hands!
- Amitabh and Jaya have worked together on-screen in more than 30 films.
- Amitabh Bachchan has 11 luxury brand cars and the most expensive car is a Rolls Royce Phantom, which was gifted to him by Vidhu Vinod Chopra. Also, his favourite car is Lexus, which also happens to be bulletproof.
- The 'Paa' actor has judged the Miss World beauty contest in 1995.
- When Amitabh did not have a house in Mumbai, just like we know about Shah Rukh Khan, he too spent many nights at the Marine Drive.
- The superstar has played lots of double roles but in ’Mahaan’, he even played a triple role.
Amitabh has a huge following in Afghanistan! In fact his film Khuda Gawaah was the most-watched Indian movie there. The film was shot in Afghanistan, and at that time the Afghani President Najibullah Ahmedjai gave VIP treatment to Amitabh and also gave half air force for his security.
Did you know that the renowned writing duo Salim-Javed wrote the story of ‘Mr. India’ taking account of Amitabh?
When he was a child, Amitabh was going to Mirpur (Pakistan) to his maternal house, when he was separated from his parents at the Lahore railway station. Apparently his mother Teji Bachchan had gone purchase tickets and the young boy left his father's hand in the crowd and got lost.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!