Fruits and vegetables are an essential part of our daily diet. Along with cereals and grains, we must have them to fulfil the daily requirement of vitamins and minerals in the body. However, while we consume delicious citrus fruits and veggies like pineapple, lemon, oranges, kinu, we end up dumping their peels in the bin.
Rich in vitamin C, even their peels are loaded with many advantages. Not only most of them can be consumed by making tea or pickle, but they can also be used to clean and enhance the beauty of your skin. Want to know how? Read on for some simple home remedies to use citrus fruit peels in various ways.
Lemon Peel To Clean Coffee Maker
Are you tired of stubborn stains on your coffee maker and struggling to get rid of them? Use can use leftover lemon peel to make it look new again.
- Take ½ tablespoon of baking soda on a plate.
- Take leftover lemon peels and dip them in the baking soda.
- Use the same to scrub your coffee maker.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
Orange Peel Face Scrub
If you have oily skin, and you constantly have to deal with pimples and acne, use this homemade scrub to make your skin pores clean. Orange will remove sebum in the skin pores and make your skin healthy.
- Sun dry orange peels for 2-3 days.
- Soak ½ cup masoor dal overnight.
- Grind both in a mixer grinder.
- Add besan and raw milk to the mixer.
- Apply on the face and scrub gently.
Pineapple Peel To Clean Stove
No one likes stubborn grease residues on the stove that stays after cooking. Also, they are very hard to take off. Not if you use the right element. Pineapple skin is hard and the acid in it can remove the deposited grease in a jiffy.
- Spray water on the stove and let it soak for 15 minutes. Use leftover pineapple (health benefits of pineapple leaves) peels to nicely scrub the grease.
- You will notice the grease is coming off easily.
- Use separate pieces to clean different areas.
- Wipe using cloth at last.
Use Lemon & Oranges Peel To Keep Clothes From Smelling
Especially in summers, the clothes end up stinking due to sweat and other body fluids. Sometimes even cleaning them in the best detergent doesn’t seem to solve the purpose. That’s when you need natural resources like citric fruits.
- In a large bowl, collect the peels of citric fruits like lemon (lemon pickle benefits), orange and kinu.
- While you dry your clothes in the spinner, also add the peels.
- Your clothes will smell fresh and free from any odour.
Do let us know if these hacks helped you by commenting on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such stories.