The general idea about OTG and Convection microwave has a blurred line of difference. You may think that both these equipment are for baking cakes, cookies, etc but that’s not it. Both OTG and convection microwave may help you with the common baking and cooking techniques but the way heat is produced inside them to the different purposes each of these services is of utmost importance.
Therefore, if you want to equip your kitchen with a microwave or an oven then wait till you read this complete article. Here we have provided an overall roundup comparing the differences between an OTG Oven and a convection microwave.
Difference Between OTG Oven & Convection Microwave
Here are the major points of difference between the two types of equipment:
- OTG ovens heat with the help of electric coils and microwaves produce heat through electromagnetic waves that cause oscillation in the food particles. And OTGs have uneven heat distribution as compared to the microwave which is a more even distribution of heat.
- OTG ovens are a bit slow and require about 15 minutes for heating, on the other hand, microwaves are very quick and take only 5 minutes to heat properly.
- OTG ovens have very low power consumption capacity and microwaves have rather high power consumption.
- Apart from that, talking about the price, the OTGs are available for a considerably cheaper price as compared to convection microwaves.
- Moreover, OTGs come in glass, metal, ceramic, and silicone containers whereas microwaves are usually available in metal ones and microwaves are heavier than OTGs too.
- And while OTGs can be useful while baking, grilling, and toasting, a convection microwave can only defrost and bake food products.
Can A Microwave Substitute For An Oven
A Microwave can be used as an oven in case it is a convection oven. All you have to do is switch to the convection mode and simply place the stuff you need to bake including, cookies, cakes, bread, etc. and you will be done. You will have to be a little more careful if you are doing this for the first time, then you can slowly get used to it and rock using a microwave as an oven.
Thing You Must Consider Before Buying OTG Oven/ Convection Microwave
The Heating Procedures
In OTG ovens the heat is radiated through the electric coils and is spread through the fans and is then absorbed by the food. But in the case of convection microwave, the water molecules in the food are heated with the help of electromagnetic waves. So, if you are not looking forward to professional baking, grilling and toasting then you can go for a microwave.
What Can Be Cooked
When talking in terms of cooking, an OTG can be a great option for grilling, toasting, and baking but the microwave can do all this and also de-freeze, cook and reheat food which an on-the-go oven cannot.
OTG ovens can range up to 60 liters and may also be may very easy to handle.
Microwave is the quicker option where it takes only 5 minutes to heat an OTG might take around 15-20 minutes preheat.
Well, microwaves cab easy to use but are super costly too. You can get a 42 liters OTG oven within Rs. 10,000! So, choose the right option according to your priorities.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.