Tandoori naan is one of the most loved Indian bread. We all love having it with our favourite curries. If you are craving for tandoori naan then you can make it at home without a tandoor or oven.
This naan prepared on a tawa tastes as delicious as a regular naan.
How To Make Tandoori Naan At Home?
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour or maida, baking soda, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add oil and yogurt and mix again.
- Keep adding water slowly and start to knead a dough.
- Make sure the dough is not sticky.
- Apply some oil to the dough and knead again.
- Before covering the dough, apply some oil to it. Let the dough sit for 3 hours.
- Take out a ball size dough and start rolling gently.
- Make sure you don't roll out a very thick naan.
- Heat the tawa and sprinkle some water on it.
- Place the naan on the hot tawa and once it starts to bubble, turn the tawa over the flame and cook from a distance of two inches.
- Take off flame and top with some ghee or butter, coriander leaves, or chopped garlic as per choice.
- Serve with curry of choice.
Tandoori Naan Recipe Card
This homemade naan on a tawa tastes as delicious and soft as a regular tandoor naan.
- Total Time :
- 180 min
- Preparation Time :
- 175 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Cup Maida Or All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- Warm Water As Required
- Butter Or Ghee As Required
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Chopped Garlic
- Step 1
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- Step 2
- Pour in the oil and yogurt. Mix well.
- Step 3
- Start adding water and knead a dough. Make sure it isn't sticky.
- Step 4
- Let the dough rest for 3 hours. Take out a small ball sized dough and roll a naan.
- Step 5
- On a hot tawa, sprinkle some water and place the naan.
- Step 6
- When the naan starts to bubble, turn the tawa over and cook.
- Step 7
- Transfer to a plate and spread some ghee or butter.
- Step 8
- You can also add coriander leaves or chopped garlic as per taste.
- Step 9
- Serve with curry of your choice.