Love Eating Spicy? Try This Red Chilli Chutney Recipe
Enjoy your parathas and chapatis with this homemade, spicy side dip.
Some of us really enjoy spicy food and we want that spice element with our meals throughout the day. While there are a lot of options including a chilli pickle or extra chilli tempering in the dal, the easiest one is having a homemade, spicy chutney on the side.
What is Indian food without chutneys really? If you love making chutneys at home and craving a spicy dip then you must try making this one.
How To Make Red Chilli Chutney?
- In a blender, add red chillies, onion, garlic, tamarind, salt and grind smooth. Add water if required.
- In a pan, add some oil, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add in red chilli paste and cook.
- Cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes until the oil starts to separate.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy with parathas, roti, rice or idlis.
- This chutney can be enjoyed for a week.
Red Chilli Chutney Recipe Card
Treat yourself with a homemade, spicy dip which is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Total Time :20 min
- Preparation Time : 5 min
- Cooking Time : 15 min
- Servings : 5
- Cooking Level : Medium
- Course: Others
- Calories: 15
- Cuisine: Indian
- Author: Tanya Malik
- 5 Onions
- 15 Red Chillies
- Handful Of Garlic Cloves
- Salt As Required
- 1 Tsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Pinch Of Asafoetida
- Water If Required
- Step 1 :
Blend red chillies, onions, garlic, salt, tamarind to make a smooth paste.
- Step 2 :
In a pan, add some oil and mustard seeds.
- Step 3 :
Add pinch of asafoetida.
- Step 4 :
Pour in red chilli paste and cook.
- Step 5 :
Once the oil separates, the chutney is ready to eat.
- Step 6 :
Enjoy with roti, rice or paratha.