Egg roll is one of the most loved street foods. Delicious and filling, egg roll is just perfect to be enjoyed anytime. If you are an egg lover and wish to enjoy this tasty treat then you can make it at home.
You just need a few ingredients and homemade egg rolls are ready.
How To Make Egg Roll?
- Begin with kneading a dough for the chapati. In a big bowl, add refined flour, whole wheat flour, pinch of salt and some ghee. Mix well.
- Keep adding water as required to knead the dough.
- Rest the dough for about 10 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop all the vegetables - carrots, onions, cucumber, capsicum and green chillies.
- Take a small portion from the dough and flatten it into a chapati. Make sure it is not very thick.
- Cook on a non-stick pan with some ghee till golden brown.
- In a bowl, break 1 egg and whisk.
- Pour the egg over the chapati and cook.
- Flip the chapati and cook from the other side. Use ghee or oil as required.
- Remove from flame and sprinkle with salt, red chilli powder and black pepper powder.
- Layer with red and green chilli sauce.
- Add the salad filling.
- Roll up and wrap in a foil or butter paper. Repeat with the remaining dough and enjoy homemade egg rolls.
Egg Roll Recipe Card
This homemade egg roll tastes just like what you enjoy at a street food corner!
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour Or Atta
- 1 Cup Refined Flour Or Maida
- Eggs As Requierd
- Salt As Required
- Ghee As Required
- Water To Knead Dough
- 1-2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1-2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Tomato Ketchup
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1-2 Onions
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Cucumber
- Green Chilli Sauce
- Step 1
- Knead a dough using whole wheat flour and refined flour.
- Step 2
- Chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Step 3
- Take a small portion from the dough and roll into a chapati.
- Step 4
- On a non-stick pan, spread some oil and cook the chapati on both the sides till golden crisp.
- Step 5
- In a bowl, whisk one egg.
- Step 6
- Transfer the egg over the chapati and cook both sides.
- Step 7
- Take off flame and spread tomato ketchup and green chilli sauce.
- Step 8
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder and black pepper powder.
- Step 9
- Layer with salad. Roll up and enjoy!