A basic chicken curry is comfort food for nonveg lovers but when we are on the way to losing weight, we avoid it as it has oil. But what if you can make it oil-free and cook it in lesser time? This recipe might be your answer.
How To Make Oil-Free Chicken Curry
- Saute the spices and boil chopped onion, ginger and garlic to get rid of the raw smell.
- Next, marinate the chicken in full fat thick yogurt for a good gravy.
- Add the spices and the onion, ginger and garlic and leave it for 2 hours.
- Post marination, caramelise the chicken where you saute the pieces on medium high heat for a few minutes until brown spots appear.
- Now, add the marination to the pan and cook until the gravy thickens.
Oil Free Chicken Curry Recipe Card
This chicken curry is oil free and lesser in calories.
- Total Time :
- 45 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Kishori Sud
- 500 Gms Chicken Curry Cut
- 1/2 Cup Thick Yogurt
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- Turmeric As Per Taste
- Chilli Powder As Per Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt As Per Taste
- Step 1
- Boil roughly chopped for 10 minutes and discard the water later.
- Step 2
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and onion.
- Step 3
- In a bowl, marinate the curd, chicken and the ground paste with all the dry spices. Keep it for 2 hours or overnight.
- Step 4
- When it is time to cook, shake of the extra marination from the pieces and roast them in a hot pan. Cook on medium high heat until you see brown spots and then switch off the flame, keeping it covered.
- Step 5
- In the same pan, add in the marination including the spices and cook with some water in it to make the preffered curry thickness.
- Step 6
- Cook for 20 minutes on low heat and then serve with a garnishing of coriander leaves.