There are days when we crave that restaurant-style fresh tandoori roti at home. To make it at home, you don't really need anything special like a tandoor but just your regular roti tawa.
Tandoori roti tastes great with just anything, be it a dry sabzi or hot dal. This recipe will help you make tandoori roti at home in just 5 minutes. Read on.
How To Make Tandoori Roti On A Tawa?
- Begin with kneading the dough. To make the dough super soft, you need to add curd to your regular wheat or atta.
- Add atta and curd and combine well. Keep adding water to the bowl and knead the dough.
- Next, add some oil to the dough and knead again.
- After kneading the dough, spread some more oil on the top.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth or plastic wrap and keep for 1 hour.
- Take a small ball size portion, dust some flour and start to roll.
- Make sure you roll a thick roti or else it can stick to the tawa, making it difficult for you to cook a tandoori roti.
- Next, spread some water on the roti evenly.
- Place the roti on the top of tawa.
- Let it puff up and then flip it over the flame and cook evenly.
- Scrape the sides of the roti using a knife or scraper.
- Spread ghee or butter on the roti. You can also add garnish like white sesame seeds or coriander leaves if you like. Serve hot.
Restaurant Style Tandoori Roti Recipe Card
Adding just one extra ingredient to your regular wheat dough will give you super soft tandoori roti at home.
- Total Time :
- 65 min
- Preparation Time :
- 60 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Tanya Malik
- 2 Cup Atta
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- Water As Required
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Step 1
- In a big bowl, add atta and curd. Combine well.
- Step 2
- Keep adding water to the dough as required.
- Step 3
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the dough and knead.
- Step 4
- After kneading, grease it with some oil again.
- Step 5
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Step 6
- Knead slightly again and then take a ball sized portion.
- Step 7
- Dust wheat flour on it and roll gently to make a uniform roti. Make sure the roti is thick.
- Step 8
- Spread some water on the top and place the water side on a hot tawa. Press the roti gently.
- Step 9
- Flip over the tawa on the flame and cook the roti uniformly. Scrape the sides of the roti.
- Step 10
- Spread butter or desi ghee all over the roti and serve hot with dal or sabzi.