If you are a jam lover, this recipe is for you. Imagine munching on fresh and thick flavourful homemade jam layered on a hot bread toast? Craving for it already? Well, this apple jam recipe is a must try and will satiate all your sweet cravings. This homemade apple jam recipe requires a few ingredients and is ready in a few minutes. This can be made in bulk and consumed in so many different ways.
How To Make Apple Jam?
- Rinse and peel apples. Grate apples and keep aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, add grated apples, water, vinegar and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on low flame till apples turn soft.
- Add sugar as per taste and keep stirring.
- Next add vanilla essence and cinnamom powder.
- When the apple mix starts to thicken, take off flame.
- Once cool, store apple jam in a dry glass jar. Place in the refrigerator.
- This homemade apple jam can be used for a few months.
Apple Jam Recipe Card
Nothing tastes better than thick and fresh homemade jam!
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Kg Apples
- Sugar As Required
- 3 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Piece Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Water As Required
- Step 1
- Peel apples and grate.
- Step 2
- In a pan, add grated apples, vinegar, water, cinnamon stick.
- Step 3
- Cook till apples turn soft.
- Step 4
- Next add sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence.
- Step 5
- Cook till the mixture starts to thicken.
- Step 6
- Let the jam cool and then store in an air tight container.
- Step 7
- This homemade jam can be used for a few months if stored in the refrigerator.