Chilly winters are here and nothing like relishing some hot, homemade soup at home. If you are bored having regular tomato or sweet corn soups then this beetroot soup recipe is a must-try.
Beetroot is a healthy vegetable and a must-have during the winter season. Beetroot soup is an easy way of making it a part of your diet. Read on to know its easy recipe.
How To Make Beetroot Soup?
- Take a beetroot, wash it, peel and chop.
- Next, take a bottle gourd, peel it, and chop. Keep aside.
- Chop one onion, tomato, and potato.
- In a pan, add 2 cups of water and place all the vegetables in it.
- Bring the vegetables to a boil.
- Next, cook them on low flame till they become soft.
- Keep aside and let the vegetables cool.
- In a blender, add all the vegetables.
- Using a sieve, strain the soup.
- In a pan, add the soup.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp sugar, salt to taste, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Stir well.
- Take off the flame after a few minutes and transfer to a soup bowl.
- The soup can be served cold or hot.
- Top with some cream and chopped coriander leaves.
Beetroot Soup Recipe Card
This delicious soup has the goodness of healthy veggies like beetroot and bottle gourd.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Beetroot
- 1 Cup Bottle Gourd
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 1 Potato
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Coriander Leaves
- Step 1
- In a pan, add water and all the chopped vegetables.
- Step 2
- Bring the vegetables to boil and cook till they soften.
- Step 3
- In a blender, add veggies and blend.
- Step 4
- Strain soup through a sieve and transfer to a pan.
- Step 5
- Sprinkle salt, sugar and black pepper. Serve hot or cold with cream and chopped coriander leaves.