Let's be honest, do you love having hash browns as a side with your burger and smoothie? Potato hash browns are one of the most loved snack and are usually served as a snack for breakfast. This delicious snack has gained a lot of popularity in the country lately and are loved by kids especially. If you love having potato hash browns or just want to treat your kids with this tasty snack then this recipe is for you. You just need a few igredients and this snack is ready!
How To Make Potato Hash Browns?
- Wash the potatoes properly.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add the potatoes and water. Boil on lower flame for 10 minutes.
- Take off flame and then rinse with cold water.
- Peel off the potato skin.
- Start to grate the potatoes and keep aside.
- Squeeze all the water and then place the dry grated potato in a bowl.
- On a pan, add some ghee or oil and place the grated potatoes.
- Season with salt, black pepper and red chilli powder as per your taste.
- Using a spoon, shape the potatoes in a patty.
- Flip the other side and cook till golden and crisp.
- Repeat with all the grated potatoes.
- Place the patty on a plate and serve with tomato ketchup or homemade mint chutney.
Potato Hash Browns Recipe Card
Delicious and crunchy, these hash browns are just the perfect snack!
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 3 Potatoes
- Salt As Per Taste
- Red Chilli Powder As Per Taste
- Black Pepper Powder As Per Taste
- Oil/Ghee For Cooking
- Step 1
- Wash and boil potatoes.
- Step 2
- Peel and start to grate the potatoes.
- Step 3
- Squeeze out all the water and place the grated dry potato in a bowl.
- Step 4
- In a pan, add some ghee or oil and place grated potatoes using a spoon or spatula.
- Step 5
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper and red chilli powder as per taste. Cook both the sides.
- Step 6
- Serve with tomato ketchup or mint chutney