Nothing like enjoying something hot and delicious while we snuggle in our blankets during the winter season. Today, we are going to share this filling sweet dish that everyone would love to enjoy and is really easy to make.
Gur and atta halwa is a traditional sweet that is prepared in homes all over India. This one is a healthier verision of the regular sooji halwa. With ingredients like gur or jaggery and wheat, this becomes more nutritious.
The best part about this halwa is that both ghee and jaggery give warmth to your body during winter months. You must prepare this healthy and delicious sweet and enjy it this season.
Gur Aur Atte Ka Halwa Recipe Card
You will love enjoying this hot and healthy sweet dish during winter season.
- Total Time :
- 25 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour or Atta
- 1/2 cup Gur / Jaggery soaked in 2 cups of warm water
- cardamom powder
- 10-15 strands Saffron
- Dry fruits (almond
- pista) for garnishing
- Step 1
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee.
- Step 2
- Now add atta and roast till it gets little golden and brown. Keep stirring so that the atta doesn't stick to the pan.
- Step 3
- Next add jaggery water, cardamom powder and saffron. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Step 4
- Cook well till the consitency gets thick.
- Step 5
- Garnish halwa with dry fruits like almonds, pista, cashew nuts.
- Step 6
- Serve hot. You can refrigerate this halwa for 3 to 4 days and reheat whenever you wish to eat it.