Are you fascinated by the famous cities that are known to be Lord Krishna's very own native cities of Mathura and Vrindavan? Well, the experience here can surely be very enchanting and because Mathura and Vrindavan are perhaps the best places to visit if you are looking for a short religious getaway. So, if you are planning this trip anytime soon then take a look at the following guide to explore and get the best out of your trip.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Mathura and Vrindavan is between the months of October and February. This is because, around this time of the year, the temperatures are on the cooler side of the spectrum and the overall weather is quite pleasant. The rest of the year, the region experiences extreme heat with temperatures exceeding 40 degrees on the Celsius scale, which is why it is not ideal to visit Mathura and Vrindavan during the summer season.
Places To Stay
You can find a lot of homestays, hotels, and even dharamshalas to stay over in both Vrindavan and Mathura. Temples are the major tourist attraction of the cities, so all of these accommodation options are built in the area surrounding them, so you'll easily end up finding a decent place to stay. You can wish to stay at any of these places according to your preference. But considering it's a two-day trip.
It's suggested to stay in Vrindavan if you wish to have more of a magical experience, also the most number of temples and places you'll end up visiting is in Vrindavan only. You can find very decent hotels just a few meters from ISKCON temple, which is by far the best in the city.
How To Reach?
Mathura and Vrindavan, both the cities are situated about 150 and 170 kilometers south of the capital city of Delhi respectively. Reaching here is very easy, you'll have three main options. One, you can either drive your own vehicle or take a shared taxi all the way to Mathura and Vrindavan(know all about Nidhivan). This option can cost you a fair amount of money. There are buses leaving for Mathura every 10 or 15 minutes from the Interstate bus terminal.
This option is cheaper than the first one. The cheapest and fastest way to reach Mathura is by train. There are a number of trains that can ferry you to Mathura junction at a very reasonable cost. The cheapest fare is just 100 rupees on a second seater coach from Delhi, and it only takes about 1.5-2 hours at max to reach. Once you've reached Mathura, you can travel to Vrindavan on any local shared tempo travelers, autos, rickshaws which costs only 20 rupees per person.
Don't miss: 5 Must-Visit ISKCON Temples In India
Short Itinerary And A Few Places To Visit
For a two-day trip, you may start your journey in the early morning hours of day one and reach Mathura by 11 PM. Considering you're travelling using public transport, take a local tempo traveler and reach Vrindavan first, explore Mathura on day two.
- Vrindavan is situated about 10 kilometers from Mathura, so it'll be a fun half-hour ride. Upon reaching Vrindavan, check into your hotel, freshen up and step outside.
- Now you'll have the whole evening for yourself to eat, explore around and visit all of the amazing temples around the city.
- You may start with Banke Bihari Mandir, which is one of the oldest and most famous temples in the city. Don't forget to try the delicious, famous Mathura peda along the way.
- After Banke Bihari, you may witness the magical evening aarti at ISKCON followed by Prem Mandir and Jugal Kishore temple. After a tiring day, You can have your dinner at the Prem Mandir's canteen or in your hotel itself.
- You may also find a number of restaurants along the way. On the next day, check out from your hotel and travel back to Mathura and you must visit Shri Krishna Janamsthan temple, which is the first, where Lord Krishna(Lord Krishna murti placing tips) was born.
- After lunch, you should definitely go visit Dwarkadeesh Mandir followed by Radha kund and Birla Mandir.
- Once you've had had a fair taste of Mathura, it's time to head back to the bus stand/railway station.
- Grab an evening snack and take your evening train/bus journey back home. Here's putting end to an amazing two-day trip to Mathura and Vrindavan. Until the next one.
Don't miss: Must Chant Mantras To Impress Lord Krishna
So, visit Mathura Vrindavan and let us know how this guide helped you. Stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com