India is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Well, the world comes in agreement with the fact and it is indeed an absolutely correct statement. Every bit of our country is endowed with astounding beauty and anyone who wants to connect with himself spiritually and also by getting closer to nature should come to India without thinking twice.
And while North India is much more commercialised and travelled by people we suggest you take that pill of tranquility and go down south. And if you are looking for a perfect amalgamation of traditional with modern, natural with man-made then Hyderabad is definitely the perfect destination for you. Here we are with top facts about this city and why you should be visiting it soon.
The City Of Pearls
Hyderabad is known as the city of pearls, it was once a trading center for diamonds, emeralds, natural pearls, and gems. In fact, the Kohinoor diamond also originated here, as per beliefs.
The Land Of The Charminar
The Qutb Minar was built in the year 1519 by the fifth successor if the Qutb Shahi dynasty. The beautiful monument (experience Mughal Heritage by visiting these monuments) is located on the banks of the Musi River and is one of the most popular monuments in the country. Whenever you talk about Hyderabad a picture of the Charminar definitely pops up in the mind.
We all are aware of the deep history that resides in the heart of the lanes of Hyderabad. The Nizam of Hyderabad, Osman Ali Khan, is also remembered by the city. It was believed that the Nizam was the richest Indian that existed. He owned a paperweight worth crores of rupees.
The Magical Medicine
Apart from the Charminar and other attractions, this place is also known to hold a magical fish medicine that can cure asthma(Yoga for asthma). That is right, the popularity of this medicine is way too much and people claim to have been cured with the same. The magical medicine is available once a year around June. People very popularly believe that this medicine has and can cure asthma fully.
Just like the culture and history the natural phenomena and the wildlife reserves have been well preserved and protected in the city. The flora and fauna of this place is truly exotic and breathtaking and you can visit the Nehru Zoological Park or the Manjira Wildlife century to witness that.
Some Other Facts
- Surrounded by many lakes such as the Hasin Sagar, Osman Sagar, and the Himayat Sagar the city of Hyderabad is also known as the city of lakes.
- It is almost needless to say that Hyderabad is the best place to have Biriyani in the whole wide world.
- One other very important thing to know is that Hyderabad is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country and it is positively getting greener day by day.
- It is also home to the Ramoji Film City which has been the most spectacular place to visit in Hyderabad for years now. All top actors and filmmakers have been here.
- It also has the world’s largest monolithic Buddha carving located here that weighs around 450 tons.
So, do visit Hyderabad and enjoy your time. Stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.