Travel adds a wonderful dimension to one’s life. It is not only refreshing and renewing, but also a great learning experience. Of course, it can mean different things to different people. You may be travelling on work, or on vacation. You may have a hectic schedule, or a relaxed one. The fact remains that you are away from home……….and the time and means to make yourself attractive are not easily available. So, here are some tips, to limit your grooming needs, and yet, look attractive, feel comfortable and relaxed!
Remember to take your sunscreen lotion while travelling. An anti-tan sunscreen or sunblock would be good. The effects of sun exposure are greater by the seaside (near water), or near snow, because water and snow reflect the sun’s rays. By the sea, avoid sun-exposure between noon and 3 p.m.
Apply broad spectrum sunscreen when out in the sun, not only on the face, but on all exposed areas. Apply the sunscreen 20 minutes before going out. If you are out in the sun for more than an hour, re-apply the sunscreen. Use a high SPF of 30 and above for sensitive skin. The other skin and hair care products that you can carry are cleanser, skin toner, moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, hair serum / leave-on conditioner, small hair dryer.
For your make-up, carry eye-pencil, kaajal and lipsticks that are suitable for day wear. Eye make-up that smudges easily is not for the tourist. You will also need pressed powder (compact) and powder blush-on. During summer, wet tissues are useful for cleaning and refreshing your skin. And don’t forget your deodorant and talcum powder.
Quick Tips While Travelling Or On Vacation:
1. After swimming in the sea, rinse your face well with plain water. Dab face with cold milk and leave on for a few minutes. It helps to soothe sunburn. Then apply moisturiser.
2. A quick emergency treatment when you have no time to shampoo. Put a little eau de cologne on your brush and brush your hair. It absorbs oil and leaves your hair cleaner and fragrant.
3. If you suddenly find your hair has too much static – or a “fly away” hair problem. All you need to do is to wet your hands with water and smooth your palms over the hair. And, avoid too much brushing.
4. To brighten tired eyes, take two used tea bags, soak them in a little warm water, squeeze out the water and apply on the eyes like eye pads. Cotton wool, soaked in rose skin tonic, can also do the trick. Tea bags should be easily available while on holiday.
5. You can use natural ingredients for your hair to improve its look. Ingredients like tea and beer may be easily available and can be used to rinse the hair and add shine to it.
6. Beer works well for dry hair. Add the juice of lemon to the beer and rinse the hair with it. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse off with plain water. It softens and smoothes the hair and also adds shine.
7. Or, add a tea bag to 4 to 5 cups of warm water. Remove the tea bag and cool the water. Then add the juice of a lemon and use it as a last rinse. This helps to make the hair silky and shiny.
8. The classic ponytail is dictating trends and is ideal for travel. You can wear it high or low, with a fringe or without. With ribbons, or other hair accessories, it can even provide a touch of glamour. One can have a side brain and tie it up with a matching ribbon. Or, do up the hair in several braids and then put them up in a ponytail with ribbons. Coloured ribbons can also be used all along the braid.
9. When you travel either by air or on land, you may have to sit for long hours. Avoid tight clothes. Your feet will also suffer, so try to keep them raised with some support, to help circulation and prevent fatigue. You can try a few foot exercises while sitting. Wiggle your toes and make circular motions with your feet.
Famous celebrity beauty expert Shahnaz Husain is well known for giving easy yet effective beauty solutions, which does wonders to the skin. Be it hair or skin, her useful tips are always on point.
For more such expert beauty tips and information, stay tuned to HerZindagi.com
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org