Head lice are tiny insects that live in human heads and feed on blood from the scalp. Head lice are an extremely common problem that leads to itchiness and irritation. While children are the one who gets affected by this issue the most, sometimes adults can also catch head lice from different sources. Head lice spread very easily by sharing clothing or belongings as these small wingless insects happen when crawl, also the nits or the eggs of the lice get attached to shed hair hatch and get on the shared clothing or belongings. It is not easy to get rid of hair lice, but regular use of these home remedies can help you.
White vinegar is mostly found in every household and this particular liquid tends to be a potent lice killer as it is acetic acid.
- Start by mixing white vinegar and water equally in a bowl. Take ½ cup or both the liquids and mix.
- Detangle your hair and then fully wet it along with the scalp in the solution.
- Now cover your head with a towel or shower cap. Leave it for up to 2 hours.
- Now, comb your hair again, but this time by dipping your comb in white vinegar. Leave for another 2 hours and wash using shampoo as normal.
- Repeat the process every week for better results.
Mayonnaise is a thick paste that can help you free your or your kid’s head from lice. Its usage tends to suffocate lice in head and kill them all.
- Depending on the length of the hair, take a 3-4 large spoon full of mayonnaise. You want to thoroughly coat your scalp and hair with full-fat mayonnaise.
- Once done, cover using a shower cap or towel. Leave overnight to dry and suffocate the lice.
- Shampoo normally and comb out the dead lice in the morning.
- Repeat this procedure every 3rd day of the week.
Found in every household, coconut oil works as a wonder for skin and health. Also, the multipurpose oil stops lice outbreaks.
- An hour prior, wash your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar. In a cup mix water and vinegar equally and wash.
- Let your hair dry naturally, then fully coat the scalp and hair with coconut oil. Wear a shower cap or towel overnight.
- In the morning comb your hair and then wash using shampoo normally.
- Stick to this routine every night for a week.
Petroleum jelly is a multipurpose product found on the shelves of every house. People use it for hydrating their skin, but do you know you can also use it to kill head lice!
- Fully coat your hair and scalp by applying petroleum jelly. Do this process before going to bed.
- Cover your head using a towel or head cap in the night.
- The next morning apply baby oil to remove the petroleum jelly. Comb through to shift the lice.
- Follow this procedure for a week for maximum effect.
An extremely common ingredient, salt can help you win the battle against these little head parasites.
- In a bowl mix 2 cup water and 2 tablespoon salt. Wet your hair using the solution.
- Wear a shower cap for 2–3 hours and wash your hair normally using shampoo.
- Repeat this process every 3 days for the best results.