We all want our tresses to look voluminous. However, sadly, not all of us are blessed with naturally thick hair. If you are tired of using hair care products that claim to add volume to your hair but in reality show no results, this article is for you.
To get thick, shiny hair, you need to pay a lot of attention to your tresses. Right from using the right hair care products to eating a good diet, you need to keep a check on just everything that contributes to your the nourishment of your hair. Remember that consistency is the key!
I have always trusted home remedies when it comes to beauty and I thought of sharing a hair mask recipe that worked well for me. Let me tell you that this hair mask won't transform your hair in a day but using it regularly will definitely help.
How To Make Hair Mask For Thick Hair?
You Will Need
- 1 Tsp Flaxseeds
- 1 Tsp Castor Oil
Note that you can add to the quantity of the ingredients as per your hair length.
- In a pan, add some water and drop in flaxseeds. The water will slowly start to get a gel-like consistency.
- Sieve and keep this gel in a bowl.
- Add castor oil to it and mix well.
- Your homemade hair mask for voluminous tresses is ready!
How To Apply The Hair Mask?
Using your fingertips, apply the hair mask from your hair roots to tips. Keep for 30 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo. Don't forget to follow with a conditioner.
Benefits Of Using Flaxseeds And Castor Oil Hair Mask
Both flaxseeds and castor oil are believed to be extremely healthy ingredients for your hair.
- Flaxseeds are a good source of vitamins that are beneficial for your hair. These tiny seeds have vitamin E which fights free radicals on the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- The B Vitamins present in flaxseeds help in strengthening hair follicles and contribute to hair growth.
- The nutrients present in flaxseeds help in making your hair shiny.
- Dandruff is a common hair issue we all face these days. Dandruff leads to an itchy scalp and irritation which are common reasons behind hair fall. Flaxseeds have omega 3 fatty acids present in them which reduce dandruff and give your hair follicles a healthy environment to grow.
- Flaxseeds have an antioxidant called lignin present in them which prevents hair loss and hair thinning.
- Castor oil is believed to have magical properties for the hair. A lot of studies suggest that castor oil is beneficial for the hair in many ways.
- Castor oil is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, proteins, and fatty acids which help nourish the scalp and lead to hair growth.
- Applying this hair mask will help in increasing circulation to the scalp and boost hair growth.
- If you have dry and rough hair, you should use this hair mask because it helps lock the moisture in your tresses.
Make sure your hair is clean when you apply this hair mask to get the maximum results of it. As shared earlier, you might not see the results instantly. However, if you feel the hair mask isn't working for you after 2-3 trials or you are suffering from a hair issue because of it, stop using it right away.
Keep a check on your diet and regular hair care routine to make your hair grow thicker and longer quickly.
For more such beauty-related stories, stay tuned!