Korean skincare routine has become a must to get that glass skin but what if all the products you need can be made at home? Agreed there is a lot available in the markets and online you do get good deals but in the end, you still are spending as it is important to invest in good quality brands. But what if it all can be made at home right from the first to the last step?
Here is a 10 step Korean skincare routine that will walk you through all DIY recipes and help you save. You will also realise that it is fun making things for yourself like a de-stressing activity and you also know what is going into the products you will be applying to your skin.
Step 1: Water-Based Cleansing
It is important to start your daily ritual with a splash of water. When we wash our face, it helps loosen our pores and paves a way to clean all the dirt trapped. It is best to use mineral water or thermal water. So all you have to do is maintain a small bottle which has just this water in it and spray all over the face.
Step 2: Oil Cleansing
This step is important even if you have oily skin. The oil cleansing removes all the grime and also the oil that is produced by the glands.
Mix together one part castor oil and 4 parts carrier oil. Take argan oil if you can or hemp seed oil. Mix them together in a bottle, spritz and wipe with cotton.
Step 3: Foam Cleansing
A foam cleanser is softer on the skin and gets rid of the traces of dirt that were left from the earlier step. This is also called the double cleansing method.
- ¼ cup of liquid castile soap
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 5 tsp jojoba oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 7 drops tea tree oil
- 12 drops neroli essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- Foaming soap dispenser
Add the water to a jar and then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Stir the solution and pour it all into the dispenser. Shake slightly before use. Take 2 pumps and rub on the damp face. This cleanser has a shelf life of just 1 month.
Step 4: Exfoliation
This step is to be done just twice a week to remove the dead skin.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
Mix the two ingredients together in a bowl and store in a glass jar. Take some amount and rub on your face and neck both front and back. Do so using circular motion for about a minute and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Step 5: Toning
This step is for restoring the skin's pH balance.
- 1/2 cup aloe vera
- 1/2 cup rose water
Combine both the ingredients and apply on clean skin.
Step 6: Hydration
Here steps in the facial essence or a face mist which hydrates the skin as the first layer.
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 1 tsp aloe vera
- 1/2 cup rosewater
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Puree the cucumber in a blender and strain through a muslin cloth.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients n the bowl with the extract and pour in a spray bottle. Spritz on your face and let it dry naturally.
Step 7: Serum Application
I find this to be the most amazing way of hydration.
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil or rosehip oil
- 4 capsules of vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of frankincense
- 10 drops of tea tree
- 10 drops of lavender
- 1 small dark coloured glass dropper bottle.
Mix all of them together and pour in the bottle or simply add them all in the bottle and shake well. 2-3 drops of this solution every day are enough. But pat it in instead of rubbing.
Don't Miss: Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums In India
Step 8: Sheet Mask
This is a very calming step which adds extra hydration. Some use it every day but I recommend a twice a week application.
- 1 cucumber's juice
- Cotton facial mask sheet (easily available online)
- Make the juice by grating the cucumber and straining it via a muslin cloth.
- Soak the sheet in it and keep it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Place it on your face a let it work for 20 minutes.
- Peel it off and let it naturally dry. Some people wash it off after a while but do it gently.
Step 9: Eye Cream Application
This is a crucial one for your eyes area.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 vitamin E capsules
- Small microwavable bowl
- Small glass jar
- Melt the oil for 15 seconds in the microwave and pour it in the jar.
- Cut open the vitamin E capsules and squeeze out the liquid in the jar.
- Mix well and place in the fridge for an hour and once it solidifies, use it in a dabbing motion around the eye before sleeping every night.
Don't Miss: 5 Best Vitamin C Serums In India
Step 10: Moisturisation
This is the final step which seals in every step we have done till now.
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- 6 tbsp beeswax
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup almond oil
- 5 drops essential oil of your choice
- Melt the oils and the beeswax in a double boiler.
- Pour the oils into a blender and let it cool.
- Add the essential oil and the aloe vera and mix well to make a creamy solution.
- Store in a glass jar.
- Apply in dabbing and patting motion all over the face and neck.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such useful DIYs.