Packed with the goodness of antioxidants, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and minerals, chia seeds are not just great for health but hair too. This superfood can completely transform your hair if used in the right way.
Chia Seeds For Hair
- Chia seeds have vitamins and minerals which help strengthen your hair roots and prevent hair fall and hair breakage.
- Chia seeds have a good amount of essential amino acids present in them which help boost your scalp health and further help in hair growth.
- Rich in zinc, chia seeds can help prevent your tresses from environmental factors like harmful sun rays, polluted air among others, and gives your hair a natural shine.
- Have you seen how chia seeds get a gel-like consistency when mixed with water? Chia seeds are a great softening agent and can help you boost the elasticity and softness of your dull and lifeless hair.
- Chia seeds are also packed with copper which helps in blood circulation on the scalp and prevents hair thinning.
There are different ways you can add chia seeds to your hair care routine for all these amazing benefits.
Chia Seeds Hair Masks
Here are some easy-to-make hair masks using chia seeds that can benefit your hair in different ways.
1. Chia Seeds Hair Pack For Dull Hair
This hair pack is best for those who have dull and weak looking tresses.
You Will Need:
- 4 Tsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a bowl, soak chia seeds in water and keep for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and to this bowl, add apple cider vinegar. Mix well to make a paste-like consistency.
- On clean hair, start applying this paste from roots to tips and keep for 30 minutes.
- Wash with normal water and then follow with shampoo.
2. Chia Seeds Mask For Dehydrated Hair
- Chia Seeds
- Aloe Vera Gel
- In a bowl, add water and chia seeds.
- Keep this mixture overnight.
- Next morning, transfer the mixture to a saucepan and heat for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mix and keep it in a bowl.
- Add aloe vera gel as required and whisk.
- Transfer the mix to a bottle.
- Use this hair gel on damp hair and keep it for about 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with normal water.
3. Chia Seeds Hair Mask For Growth
- 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Honey
- In a bowl, add water and chia seeds. Keep soaked for 30 minutes.
- After draining the water, add honey, few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, coconut oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Start applying from the roots of your hair to the tips.
- Keep for 30 minutes and wash with normal water.
- Follow with shampoo and conditioner.
Though chia seeds are beneficial for hair, there is no guarantee that they would work for every hair type. It might give different results for different hair types but that doesn't mean you don't try these hair masks. Do try these hair masks once as per your hair type and issue. However, if it doesn't work for you or gives negative results then we suggest you stop using it.
If you try using any of these hair masks, share your experience with us on our Facebook page. For more such hair-related stories, stay tuned!