Brides-to-be if you are worried about how you can give a great and absolutely flawless appearance at your wedding then don't worry at all. While we get everything covered from makeup to the salon and everything our hair is not taken care of as it should be.
Healthy hair is not really difficult to achieve if you follow a hair care program at least one month before the wedding. Nutrition and good blood circulation are necessary for healthy hair. Your daily diet must include fresh fruits and vegetables, paneer, yogurt, sprouts, eggs, nuts, and seeds. Take fresh fruit and vegetable juices diluted in water.
Here are some amazing hair care tips from Shahnaz Husain that will help you prepare for your event thoroughly.
Hair Care Tips To Take Note Of
- If you have been colouring your hair, or your hair is dry, care of the hair is very important. Have hot oil therapy once a week, the night before washing your hair. Heat coconut oil and apply. Remember to apply on the ends too. Soak your towel in hot water, then wring it and wrap it around the head, like a turban, covering all your hair. Keep it on for 5 minutes. Wrap the towel about 3-4 times for best results.
- This helps the hair and scalp(simple home remedies to treat dandruff) absorb the oil better. Finally, massage your scalp in small circular movements. This increases the blood flow at the scalp region. Keep the oil on overnight and wash your hair the next morning. Apply creamy conditioner after shampoo. After washing the hair, do not rub the towel over the hair as it leads to damage. Wrap a towel around the head and let it soak up moisture. Avoid brushing wet hair.
- Use a wide-toothed comb, to comb out all the tangles, starting from the ends and going upwards. Avoid using artificial ways to dry your hair, let them dry naturally. For dry hair, wash the hair twice a week, while for oily hair wash the hair three or four times a week. If there is dandruff, after shampoo, add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and use it as a last rinse.
- If the hair is oily, give the hair a tea-water and lemon rinse, after shampoo, to add shine. Take some used tea and soak it in water and put it to a boil. After boiling, you should have about 4 to 6 cups of tea-water. Cool and strain the water and add fresh lemon juice to it and use it for rinsing your hair.
- Nourish dry hair, rinsing it with milk, and leave it on for minutes. Then rinse off with plain water. It helps to add volume and shine to the hair(Shahnaz Husain's quick hair solutions). It also softens and repairs damaged hair.
Seek advice regarding your bridal hairstyle in good time, so that you can even try it out. Those who would like to go for the see-through look, so that the hairstyle, flowers or and hair accessories are visible through their odhnis, organzas and nets are crisp and light and much easier to wear and carry.
For Cocktails And Other Events
For cocktails and dinners before the wedding, long hair, left open, with a combination of waves and curls would look glamorous. The style can be layered, keeping to the length, well below shoulder level.
For Traditional Look
For a traditional look with flowers, part of the hair can be put up, while a part is left open, falling over one shoulder, along with a cascade of flowers. Or, a garland of flowers can be wound around the part that is left open. Or, one can have tiny glittering stones, adorning the hair. The hair can be decorated with fancy “joora” pins, decorative combs, and even a piece of jewellery. Tiny flowers can also be attached all over the hair.
For Short Hair
A ponytail is the best option for short hair arrange the front section of your hair in a unique style and pin up a pretty clip that matches your outfit. Or, by a hairpiece in the form of long hair and have it set into a joora at a beauty salon. Very fine hair may be crimped, or cut in a way that adds more fullness. If you want a romantic look, have ringlets falling just below shoulder level.
One of the leading beauty experts of the industry, Shahnaz Husain writes for many publications and chalks out some very amazing tips and remedies for Her Zindagi, so, stay tuned.