Anyone who likes being close to nature or is a wildlife lover has Jim Corbett in their holiday wishlist. Offering lush green and peaceful heaven, Jim Corbett is the perfect getaway from the hustle-bustle of the city. It is February and this month is the perfect time to visit this beauty in Uttarakhand. However, if you are travelling to this destination for the first time ever then there are a couple of things you should keep in mind to enjoy a relaxed and comfortable trip.
What To Keep In Mind While You Are In The Park?
- You can't enter the park till you have a permit. There are 4 tourist zones and you will get entry to the gate for which you have got your permit and no other zone.
- Walking or trekking inside the national park is not allowed. To roam around, you will need to hire a gypsy from the entrance. Taking your private vehicle inside the park isn't allowed.
- Keep your proof of identification handy as you will be asked to show it at the entry of all the zones.
- Smoking and littering is not allowed inside the forest. You can't light a fire inside the park. Shouting on seeing the animals isn't allowed.
- When visiting the national park, make sure you don't play any music. Animals live in their natural habitat inside the park and you can't disturb them with your music.
- Try not taking your newborns or children less than 10 years inside the park as they may feel like getting off the jeep which is not allowed.
- Food is available at 3 zones of the park. There are canteens, if not canteens then you get a kitchen to prepare your food. So if you wish to cook then you can get your ingredients.
- You get a guide for the national park and it is best to start off your journey with it to make the most of your experience.
What To Pack?
- If you are travelling to the Jim Corbett National Park this season then make sure you keep some winter stuff. These months are really cold and you will need a jacket or a cardigan to keep yourself warm. It is best to carry earthy coloured clothes, shades like greens and browns.
- If you are travelling for wildlife photography then get your gear. Make sure you pack everything as you won't like to miss any opportunity.
- Pack your sports shoes for max comfort during the trip.
- If you are travelling with kids, get insect repellents, first aids, medicines, and travel towels.
Reaching Jim Corbett
Jim Corbett is well-connected to all major cities in India via air, road, and rail. Ramnagar is the closest destination to the national park. It is 265 km from New Delhi via road. Via flight, one needs to get off at Patnagar Airport which is 50 km from the park. Ramnagar railway station is 12 km away from Jim Corbett.
Jim Corbett is one of the most popular holiday destinations and if you have been planning to travel here for long then you must go ahead. Do keep this guide in mind whenever you head to this beautiful destination.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com