Your toilet pot is clogged from a couple of days and now it is starting to smell bad from the stagnant water. While you are not able to get any plumber, you may prefer a few methods that are not messy, but easy to remedy the situation. Luckily, for some tricks, you won’t even have to step out of your house, as there are many ways to unclog the pot with things you already have. However, the success rate of the remedies will depend on how bad the clog is. The work can be done with the help of one of these ways, or you will have to try a couple of them together. So, without wasting any time let’s check out what you will have to do to clean the mess in your bathroom.
Boiling Water & Liquid Soap
Hot water is the best element when it comes to cleaning stubborn marks or clogs. It softens congealed materials or grease and significantly dilutes its consistency, making it very easy to remove.
- Take half a bucket of water and boil it.
- Turn off the heat and then add 2 cups of liquid soap in it.
- Mix well and pour it in the pot quickly to apply maximum force. Be careful to not splash the hot water on yourself.
- Close the lid. Wait for 2-3 minutes and then flush.
Baking Soda & White Vinegar
The combination of baking soda and vinegar effectively helps in all the cleaning tasks. Be it unclogging your sink or pot, these ingredients together removes most of the unwanted materials down there. It is because baking soda is a mild alkali and can cause dirt and grease to dissolve easily. Adding vinegar in it creates an acidic effect that makes the cleaning job easier. Try this remedy only if the pot is not full of water, otherwise, the mixture will dilute and would not work.
- Be quick while doing this trick. Take 1-2 cups of baking soda, pour in the pot.
- Without wasting any minutes, quickly add 1 ½ cup of white vinegar too.
- Close the lid. You will hear a hissing sound. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes and lastly, flush the toilet.
Use Wire Hanger
Sometimes a variety of non-flushable items can block the only passage of the pot. These items can be toys, comb, a bunch of paper towels, etc. In such situations, simple home cleaning remedies are not likely to work. Instead, this will need a little bit of more manual action, such as using a wire hanger.
- Start by unravelling a wire hanger and make it straight. You can wear gloves before starting the process. But, since the wire will become pretty lengthy, you won’t have to worry about any mishaps.
- Push one end of the wire into the clogged area. Keep prodding the debris until all the clogged materials flow down the drain.
- To clear passage completely, finish the cleaning task by also using any of the above-mentioned remedies.
This is one of those items that is found on the shelves of every kitchen. Yes, we are talking about the multi-purpose plastic wrap. While it is not best to wrap your foods in this, why not to use it for other cleaning purposes.
- Cover the toilet bowl by wrapping it with 2-3 layers of plastic wrap.
- Flush the toilet. You will notice the plastic wrap is starting to bubble up.
- Keep forcing the wrap down. The idea is to force the clog through the pipe by applying continuous pressure.
- You can also add a few drops of liquid soap to create more air inside the pot.
There is absolutely no way that you don’t have a plastic bottle in your house. Before you give it away for recycling, use it to clear the mess in your bathroom. However, remember that unlike other tricks, this one might get a little messier.
- Boil ¼ bucket of water.
- Remove maximum water from the pot, using some long handle container.
- Take a large plastic bottle and carefully fill it with hot water. (The water need not be very hot, otherwise, it might melt the bottle.)
- Wear gloves and place your thumb over the top of the bottle, and bring the bottle close to the outlet of the toilet.
- Before touching the water, quickly remove your thumb and squeeze the bottle inside the opening.
- The pressure is likely to dislodge whatever was causing the clog.
If you liked this article, do comment on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi to read more such articles.