Can't get enough of momos? Momos have always been famous among food lovers- young, old, vegetarian, non-vegetarian- everyone is obsessed with these tasty steamed dumplings. So, in order to satisfy your momo hunger pang here, we've mentioned a recipe for you! So, what are you waiting for? Scroll on!
For momos covering
- 1 cup Maida
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon water for kneading
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped French beans
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- 3 to 4 chopped garlic
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt as required
- In a bowl, mix maida, salt, and oil.
- Next, add little water to make a smooth pliable dough. Cover the dough with a damped cloth and leave it 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add garlic in it. Saute for few seconds.
- Next, add chopped onions and sauté it for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add all chopped vegetable and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add seasoning salt to taste, black pepper, soya sauce and give it a nice stir for a minute or two.
- Take the pan off the heat and keep it aside.
How to shape the momos
- Give your dough a final kneading and divide it into 2 parts.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Roll each dough ball into a thin circle, keeping edges thin and center portion thick.
- Place approx. 1 tbsp filling in the center. Don’t over-stuff it.
- Lift the edges from one side and start pleating, and join them in the center to seal it.
- Prepare momos from remaining dough in a similar way. Keep them covered with a wet cloth so that they won’t dry.
Steaming Veg Momos
- Boil water in a steamer or in a pressure cooker.
- Grease a steamer plate or any other plate with oil and arrange momos on that plate. Make sure they have spaces between them.
- Place the plate in the steamer and cover it with the lid. Steam them for 5-6 minutes over medium flame or until they look cooked.
- Once it’s done, turn off the heat and remove the momos from the vessel.
- Serve them with a schezwan sauce or ketchup and enjoy!
If you are also a momo lover, then you must try this recipe. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such articles.