Honestly, I am a big fan of coconuts. I can have them in any form but my favourite one has to be a creamy coconut ice cream. If I have to choose one ice cream I can have for the rest of my life, it will be tender coconut ice cream. The creaminess and small, crunchy bits of tender coconut make it such a flavourful experience to enjoy this one ice cream.
So, while I missed having my favourite ice cream from my favourite ice cream parlour, I tried making it at home. I drank a lot of naariyal paani all these days and many had thick coconut meat and I put it to use by making this ice cream. You need no ice cream making machine to make this delicious ice cream at home and that's the beauty of it.
How To Make Tender Coconut Ice Cream At Home?
- First scrape out tender coconut meat and chop into small pieces.
- Add coconut meat pieces to a blender.
- Pour in milk, coconut water, and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a big bowl and add in the cream.
- Using a whisk, start to beat the mixture. Make sure you keep folding the mix gently in one direction.
- Add in the condensed milk and mix well.
- Pour the mix into a freezer-safe container and place in the refrigerator.
- It will take about 6-8 hours for the ice cream to set.
- Once set, scoop out and enjoy!
Tender Coconut Ice Cream Recipe Card
Make this delicious and creamy ice cream at home without an ice cream maker.
- Total Time :
- 180 min
- Preparation Time :
- 20 min
- Cooking Time :
- 160 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1-2 Cups Tender Coconut Meat
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 Can Condensed Milk
- Step 1
- In a blender, add coconut meat, coconut water and milk. Blend till you get a smooth paste.
- Step 2
- Transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Step 3
- Add in cream and start to whisk. Fold in gently in one direction.
- Step 4
- Pour in the condensed milk and mix again.
- Step 5
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and place in the freezer.
- Step 6
- Once set, scoop the ice cream out and enjoy!