Teej is just here and the preparations have begun. The festivities are incomplete if you don't prepare some delicious sweets and snacks at home.
If you are hunting for some easy sweet recipes then you have landed on the right page. Malpua is enjoyed all across the country during this festival, however, if you want to take the easy route, you can prepare bread malpua at home.
Delicious bread malpuas are easy to make and don't really require any fancy ingredients.
How To Make Bread Malpua?
- First, prepare the sugar syrup. In a pan, add water and sugar. Stir well. Add in some cardamom powder and saffron to the sugar and water mix. Turn off heat.
- In a bowl, add khoya, dry fruits of choice, sugar, and cardamom powder. Mix well to get a dough-like consistency.
- Cut the bread edges. Add in khoya filling. Make sure you don't overfill it.
- Seal from all the sides to make a ball. You can use some milk on the edges.
- Using a rolling pin or with your hands, flatten the ball.
- In a kadhai, add some ghee and drop in the malpuas. Fry till golden brown.
- You can also cook these malpuas on a non-stick pan with less ghee.
- Take off flame and dip in the sugar syrup. Garnish with dry fruits. Enjoy!
Bread Malpua Recipe Card
This homemade bread malpua tastes as good as regular malpua.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 8-10 Bread Slices
- 350 Gram Khoya
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few Strands Of Saffron
- Dry Fruits Of Choice (Chopped)
- Milk As Required
- Sugar As Per Taste
- Ghee For Frying
- Step 1
- In a pan, add water and sugar. Mix well.
- Step 2
- Add in cardamom powder and saffron strands. Take off flame after achieving the single string consistency.
- Step 3
- In a bowl, add khoya, dry fruits and cardamom powder. Mix well and knead a dough.
- Step 4
- Cut bread edges and fill khoya mix in the center.
- Step 5
- Using some milk seal the edges of the bread.
- Step 6
- Flatten to shape it like a malpua.
- Step 7
- In a kadhai, add some ghee and fry the malpuas till crisp and golden.
- Step 8
- Take off flame and dip in sugar syrup.
- Step 9
- Garnish with dry fruits and enjoy!