Nothing like having some hot and crispy Amritsari kulchas with chole or dal. This North Indian delicacy is loved by everyone. The best thing about these kulchas is that unlike regular kulchas they are stuffed with potatoes and they melt in the mouth because of their super soft texture.
If you are looking for an easy recipe to prepare Amritsari kulchas at home then you have landed on the right page. Here is an easy recipe.
How To Make Amritsari Kulchas?
- In a big bowl, add 2 cups of maida, baking powder, baking soda, salt, curd, oil and keep adding water as required to knead a dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and let it rest for 2 hours.
- In another bowl, add boiled potatoes, green chilli, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger, dry mango powder, carom seeds, coriander leaves, salt to taste and mix well.
- Take a ball sized dough and fill in the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and coriander leaves on the top.
- Gently start to roll the kulchas using a rolling pin.
- Using a brush, spread some water over the kulcha.
- On a hot tawa, place the kulcha and press gently. After 1 minute, flip the kulcha and let it cook till golden and crisp.
- Take off flame and spread some butter or ghee. Have it as is or with chole or dal.
Amritsari Kulcha Recipe Card
These aloo stuffed kulchas taste great as is or with dal or chole.
- Total Time :
- 130 min
- Preparation Time :
- 125 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Tanya Malik
- 2 Cup Maida
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Salt To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- Oil As Required
- Lukewarm Water As Required
- 2 Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Carom Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Step 1
- Start kneading the dough by adding maida, baking powder, baking soda, salt, curd and oil in a big bowl. Keep adding water as required. Rest the dough for 2 hours.
- Step 2
- In another bowl, prepare aloo filling by mashing potatoes. Sprinkle all the spices and combine well.
- Step 3
- After two hours, take a small portion and flatten using a rolling pin. Fill in the potato filling.
- Step 4
- Top the kulcha with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
- Step 5
- Make a kulcha using the rolling pin and brush some water on the top.
- Step 6
- Place the kulcha on a hot tawa. Flip the other side and then cook the other side.
- Step 7
- Take off flame. Spread some butter or ghee on it and serve as is or with chole.